How to best organize your files?
Hello,

I'm new to XBMC and yesterday I've been browsing the wiki for like a full 2 hours. It's very helpful, thanks a lot for making this manual. Awesome work!

I'm still confused about how to organize my files. For the audio, everything seems to work fine. Here's my folder structure: /moods/artist/album/files

Example: http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5693/77694871.png

As all my files have got correct id3 tags and embedded cover arts, library mode worked great with my very first try. So I guess it doesn't really matter how your audio files are organized as long as everything is correctly tagged...right?

I have no idea how to organize my movie files though. So far my structure is /moods/director/movie/files. I'll show a screenshot later. However, movies to not have id3 tags. So I think my structure makes no sense for XBMC. Will I have to reorganize my files? How do you guys do this?

Also, I'd like to know how to save fan art locally. It would be cool to have it even without internet access...

Thanks for help guys!
Its simple just have /movie/movie name/file

Then if you scan with "Ember Media Manager" or "Media info plus" they will do the rest for you and give you an idea whats needed when you store locally

Really locally all you need with the movie file is movie.tbn, fanart.jpg, nfo (tbn is just a jpg with tbn extension)

Don't forget XBMC scrapper can do all this for you as well Wink
and whats about music videos?
Thanks! I might abandon my old folder structure for the sake of working music fanarts...

It's a bit sad that the user needs to change the folder hierarchy in order to make it work. Hopefully this will get more flexible soon.

+1 for better music fanart support in XBMC!
and whats about music singles?
blastactionhero Wrote:and whats about music videos?
i have yet to find a good way to scrape for music video info i did all mine manually.
quite painful Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to best organize your files?0