Need help using Xbmc for first time. Newbie.
Hi
i just installed the Xbmc on my apple tv and undated it and got it working.
but i dont know how to use it much. i cannot figure out how to upload my videos on it.

for example i have a tv show video thats an .mkv and i want to send it to my apple tv. how would i do that?

I am using Windows 7.

I appriciate any help. thanks.
yooby Wrote:Hi
i just installed the Xbmc on my apple tv and undated it and got it working.
but i dont know how to use it much. i cannot figure out how to upload my videos on it.

for example i have a tv show video thats an .mkv and i want to send it to my apple tv. how would i do that?

I am using Windows 7.

I appriciate any help. thanks.

Share the folder on your Windows 7 machine, then go to Videos in XBMC and "add source".

You can browse to the shared folder over your network.

Here's the online manual that should answer most of your questions:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Online_Manual

It's a work in progress Wink

Enjoy!
Thanks for the help. I figured out how to watch videos from my pc.
but isnt that just streaming the videos from the pc. is there a way to upload them to the appletv and watch them that way.

also i noticed while watching the video that the picture tears a lot and can be glitchy.
is there a way to fix that with xbmc.

the video is in h264 codec, a .mkv video. I know this video should work perfectly on the appletv cause i was able to change the container of the file to an .mp4 without losing any quality or lower bitrate. so im thinking its xbmc not being able to handle it?

video is 720p resolustion. and again should play perfectly on the appletv but doesnt.
Being new doesn't restrict you from using the forum search function before posting. Tearing and transferring files to the ATV have both been covered MANY times.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help using Xbmc for first time. Newbie.0