[LINUX] Best way to upgrade from pre-9.04 (SVN) to final 9.04?
What's the cleanest way of upgrading from a custom compiled (SVN) build of pre-9.04 to the 9.04 final version? (...or should I go for the latest SVN release?)

I think I'd be OK even if I lose my current XBMC settings but of course it would be nice to keep them...
Unfortunately you did not tell us what distro you're on. I suppose Ubuntu, so it's mainly a remove/install/upgrade via aptitude. you could make a backup of your ~/.xbmc folder in case something breaks.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yeah, it's Ubuntu but XBMC has been retrieved from SVN and compiled/installed (eg. ./configure, make install, etc). I don't think I use aptitude at all during the installation.

With that said, would I need to "make uninstall", delete my XBMC-SVN source folder, and then use apt-get xbmc?
just move your /usr/share/xbmc into /usr/share/xbmc-pre-babylon-svn-version-that-i-want-to-upgrade-to-the-stable-release and install via apt. xbmc has everything it needs under that dir (i suppose you left the prefix at /usr during ./configure). no need to delete anything unless you want to get rid of it for space's sake.

EDIT: There might be a little script or two in /usr/bin - namely xbmc and xbmc-standalone. you could backup or delete them as well.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Best way to upgrade from pre-9.04 (SVN) to final 9.04?0