Textboxes not working in Lists?
I can't seem to get a textbox to show the plot of a TV show in a List. If I separate out the textbox it works fine, but within the list it displays nothing. Is this a known issue or have I missed something?
Known issue. The code doesn't allow it.

This is for several reasons, some of which are no longer valid, such as that textboxes used to include their own spinner and were focusable.

You'll note that you also can't use a multi-line label in a list - or at least it won't necessarily work like you want it to. The reasons for this are due to the stuff that we support where you have a left and right aligned label in the same 'row'. We then allow "intelligent" cropping of each label, based on how big they are. This allows possibly long labels on the left and right to not necessarily crop if the other label is short enough, eg:

reallylonglabelontheleft shortright
shortleft reallylonglabelontheright

(Look at that - I got the spacing perfect first time!)

If that stuff wasn't there, then you could use a multiline label control for the same thing.

That doesn't preclude a textbox being used though. Let me take a look at the code and get back to you.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

TextBox in lists is in SVN as of r21906.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Textboxes not working in Lists?0