Aeon and keymap settings??
I have read that Aeon is not designed to work with keymap settings that are set to launch a specific window.

<one>XBMC.ActivateWindow(videolibrary,movietitles)</one>

I don't understand why this would be, since I don't see why a skin could prohibit that kind of command. The videolibrary is a xbmc feature and not Aeon specific. If anyone could shed some light on the subject I would reall appreciate it.
As far as I know Aeon just doesn't support a mouse and is ment to be used with a remote control. But I don't know about any restrictions concerning custom keymaps.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
ekim232 Wrote:I have read that Aeon is not designed to work with keymap settings that are set to launch a specific window.

<one>XBMC.ActivateWindow(videolibrary,movietitles)</one>

I don't understand why this would be, since I don't see why a skin could prohibit that kind of command. The videolibrary is a xbmc feature and not Aeon specific. If anyone could shed some light on the subject I would reall appreciate it.

it's not about preventing you from having direct access to your libs - it's about the skin concept. certain textures and data is loaded every time you go to the home menu. if you directly access lib pages, these are missing.

simple as that.

wanna change that? change the code. and share Rolleyes
cheers,azido :;):
Or try programming your remote to first go to the Home menu and then the Library you want.
Hitcher Wrote:Or try programming your remote to first go to the Home menu and then the Library you want.
Tried that^ Doing this has no effect on the outcome, still don't quite get into the right screen of the library and have to go through two more screens to get there. it seems that XBMC.ActivateWindow(videolibrary,movietitles) or even XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideolibrary,movietitles) isnt quite the right window id to call in Aeon.
Hitcher Wrote:Or try programming your remote to first go to the Home menu and then the Library you want.

Do you mean a macro, or is there a keymap method?

Glad to hear it's not just me w/ this problem. If I use my keymap command to jump to movies from TV, the multiplex thumbs are the wide 4:3 version like in TV. If I go to movies from the main menu, no problem. If I go from music/list view and jump to movies, I don't think there is problem there either.
azido Wrote:it's not about preventing you from having direct access to your libs - it's about the skin concept. certain textures and data is loaded every time you go to the home menu. if you directly access lib pages, these are missing.

simple as that.

wanna change that? change the code. and share Rolleyes

I think I understand. So any quick jump from the homepage should work, since it is essentially the same as hitting the homepage button?

What about if I am currently in my movies lib. and do my quick jump to tv lib.?

Would this not load the textures or does it first need to hit the homepage and then juump to the tv lib.?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon and keymap settings??0