Japanese characters
I've been looking all over to find some info on this, but either my search skills suck, or the question has not yet been addressed..

For starters, here's what I use:
- Ubuntu 9.04 mini install with xbmc-live
- Aeon Hitched

Some of the titles in my collection are Japanese movies, and I wish to show their titles (and sometimes, summaries) in Japanese. However, all Japanese characters are turned into blanks, leaving only alphanumeric ones.

So, is it possible to use combined alphanumeric and Japanese characters in the interface? Is a different font needed, perhaps? I did find a Japanese encoding in the settings, but that's not really what I want. Unicode would be preferred, but it's not in the list.

Thanks for any insights.
I don't think you can have both. I think it's a one or the other.
Ya that kinda sucks...

I use Windows XP Pro in English but i can see all my Japanese Characters after
enabling "Install Files for East Asian Languages"

Too bad there isn't such a thing for XBMC.

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Just install a font with japanese glyphs in it and voila!

The usual trick is to replace Arial.ttf (in media/fonts) and switch to that.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

See if this works for you:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55408

To me it was the best solution I could find without end up using a font that didn't match the theme.
Thanks for the heads up! Any chance of uploading the edited fonts to a place like megaupload? ;-) Else I'll take a shot at it myself.

franciscohs Wrote:See if this works for you:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55408

To me it was the best solution I could find without end up using a font that didn't match the theme.
jurrie Wrote:Thanks for the heads up! Any chance of uploading the edited fonts to a place like megaupload? ;-) Else I'll take a shot at it myself.

The thing is that I guess it would be illegal to distribute the files, but it's OK if you do it privately at home, right?

Anyway, I don't have an account to upload there or any other similar sites. Let me know if you have any problem and I'll help you if needed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Japanese characters0