I cannot make OSD keyboard and jumpsms to work
Hello,
First of all I want to say it a great great software. And I appreciate the work that is done from all!
My problem is that when I want to make a search, on youtube for example, or to type my name in the Master Profile in settings, a keyboard appears but I cannot use it. It is not focused, the cursor stays at the field where you can type with the keyboard, but when I up/down/left/right the a that is highlighted it not moves. Also I do at <global> <keyboard> a trick, and <two> until <nine> I make JumpSMS2... etc. But it is not working. When I press 2, it only types 22222 and I cannot use all the great features of XBMC (I cannot use search features from various plugins) and this is to bad, because I would like a lot to use them. I have Windows XP, MCE Remote, and I installed XBMC to C:/Program Files/XBMC and not to /users/etc...
Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Any screen shot, log or anything needed, I will gladly offer!
LE: I forgot to say, that I create an advancedsettins.xml in userdata folder, with the instructions found in the manual, but still nothing happens.
LE2: I managed to make virtualkeyboard to work by putting advancedsettings.xml in all the userdata folder I foun on my computer and in system folder. I don`t know where is right, but I did it. In AppData, everywhere I found XBMC folder Smile, but no luck with the Jumpsms function.... and I added (I follow a tutorial) this code in my Keymap.xml:
<F9>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideos)</F9>
<F10>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyMusic)</F10>
<F11>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyPictures)</F11>
<F12>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</F12>
And these keys works, so I guess it is something I must enable (like the virtualkeyboard in advancedsettings.xml) to use the JumpSMS function, uh, I don`t know, I am not a programmer, I just guessing!
You've got advancedsettings.xml working (it'll be using the one in AppData in a default install - the log will tell you which one it is), so next step is JumpSMS etc.

This only works inside lists. It should work just fine in the way you have it setup, assuming that "2" on your remote is the same as pressing "2" on the keyboard. Note that numpad keys *may* be different than the main keyboard number keys.

In either case, check your log while pressing "2" within a list.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I don`t get it, what does it means within a list? And for the advancedsettings.xml, I did a search of "XBMC" folder and I found in ProgramFiles and in AppData. First I make the file in AppData, but it does not work, than I cut it and put it in Program Files, but not working, than I copy it and put it in both, and in system folder of the XBMC in Program Files, and it works. Can someone be more specific about JumpSMS function? I did not found any good explaining anywhere. If I do a search for JumpSMS in forum, only few topic are shown. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I cannot make OSD keyboard and jumpsms to work0