• 2(current)
XBMC Remote for Android
mots Wrote:Yay, it works Big Grin
I would recommend fixing landscape mode on the g1 though (When you slide the keyboard open, the buttons don't rearrange => the textfield is off-screen)

I might take a look at the code and hack a few things in if you don't mind...

Go right ahead, any help is most appreciated.

The rearranging I haven't tried at all, will need to look on how that should be done properly.

Also in the remote view I plan to remove the navigation buttons and make the virtual keyboard pop up so one can use the keyboard both virtual and hardware as a keyboard directly attached to XBMC.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
You know I do like the way the remote works in xbmc remote from fali.Nod

The scrollball is very handy/fast to use and also the back button is in place.
The ability to use the keyboard is also very nice though I miss some buttons
See this post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=2...post286712

Edit:

The xbox remote is very usable.
Scrollball replaces the arrows and select.
The back button is back of course.
Make for the other buttons onscreen buttons, exept the num. buttons.
That would mean 11 and with volume up/down/mute 14 onscreen buttons.

And have the good old usable xbox remote functions back with your android phone !
Waffa Wrote:...
The xbox remote is very usable.
Scrollball replaces the arrows and select.
The back button is back of course.
Make for the other buttons onscreen buttons, exept the num. buttons.
That would mean 11 and with volume up/down/mute 14 onscreen buttons.

And have the good old usable xbox remote functions back with your android phone !

Yup that is pretty much as I have planned it!, does sound like a good gameplan. Not sure on the backbutton though, how do one back out?

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2 Wrote:Yup that is pretty much as I have planned it!, does sound like a good gameplan. Not sure on the backbutton though, how do one back out?

With the home button and menu -> exit would be nice.
Phone menu button or make also a onscreen button for it.
You will use "back" much more than "back out".
The back button on phone is on the right place, very usable.

Edit:
After some thinking....the menu button would be a great button to back out to:
Movies
Tv shows
Videos
Music
Pictures
Settings
Remote !

Huh looks like xbmc Oo
0.1.1 APK force closes home constantly on my Magic.. without even starting the app, if I uninstall the APK then it's all back to normal.

Look forward to trying out the next version, screenshots look like you have made a good start Smile
Swifty Wrote:0.1.1 APK force closes home constantly on my Magic.. without even starting the app, if I uninstall the APK then it's all back to normal.

Look forward to trying out the next version, screenshots look like you have made a good start Smile

I get weird errors on my magic if I try to install it using the web, but if I do the adb install it works much better.

Ideally I would like web to work perfect ofcourse and I must be missing something in the packaging process. Oh well, off to read android development documentation I guess Smile

Also here home does forced close.
I installed by downloading it on my PC then transferring it and running the APK via Astro to install - Haven't tried any other ways..
I'll use adb later on and see if it behaves any better and let you know Smile
I have tried with my Magic and XBMC from Opensuse 11.1 (Event server and web server turned on) and it seems it doesn't connect by wifi. Could you add a message for a conection successful?

Anyway, thank you for your work!
el_Salmon Wrote:I have tried with my Magic and XBMC from Opensuse 11.1 (Event server and web server turned on) and it seems it doesn't connect by wifi. Could you add a message for a conection successful?

Anyway, thank you for your work!

If you can connect from your phones webbrowser it *should* work goes through nearly same logic.

Points here though, make sure that the port is correct and that you really are on the internal network, if you aren't on internal port forward applies.

(Linux port is usually 8080, so IP:8080 as IP to XBMC).

I'll try to bump to android api 1.5 instead (built using 1.1 now) but I wonder why we get forced close in home, can't understand how an app could do that but I have noticed it too.

Thanx for testing and the interest, hopefully it can become a killer app!

Cheers,
Tobias

Tried to do an install using ADB just now, gives the same force close problems when at homescreen or browsing app list..
I grabbed the ADB debug info if it's of any help to you in pin pointing the problem..
http://pastebin.com/m144fb66f
Topfs2, any way you could add the eclipse project files to SVN?
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
freezy Wrote:Topfs2, any way you could add the eclipse project files to SVN?

I think I have done it now since r5.

I also bumped need to api 1.5, I'm hoping it will help with acore force close stuff.

Swifty Wrote:Tried to do an install using ADB just now, gives the same force close problems when at homescreen or browsing app list..
I grabbed the ADB debug info if it's of any help to you in pin pointing the problem..
http://pastebin.com/m144fb66f

Ah thanx, by the looks of it you are getting out of memory, which sounds really weird Smile

I think I'm getting same issues now in VM aswell so I'll hopefully be able to track it down.

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote for Android12