• 5(current)
XBMC Remote for Android
Looks great !!
mikkle Wrote:Yes, I guess the leftmost button maps to "previous" or whatever the funct is called in XBMC. Anyway, it maps to the same as backspace.
Definitely need something that maps to escape as well.
Is this what you mean?

:O) Mikkle

Exactly, if your watching something at the moment, you can go forwards a bit, a lot, or back a bit or a lot.. and pause. It would be nice to have something like the HTTP-R web interface like here:

or like the XBMCMobileControl - PPC (Pocket PC) one here:

I did download the android dev tools yesterday to see if I could put something together myself, but it makes no sence to me at all, thats why im a network admin rather than a dev eh? Wink

Being able to control the menu during a film would be perfect and as idiot proof as possible so I dont have to spend 2 hours training the other half how to use it Wink
I really hope I'll get my phone tomorrow, these suckers are slooow. Anyway once the album browse stuff works I'll get to the play controls if Topfs2 doesn't beat me to it.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Like that?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Is there a way to play all the tracks in 1 folder without setting up playlist files?

PS just saw the screeny, very nice, just what we need Big Grin (had a beer craving while i was posting Tongue)
freezy Wrote:Like that?

Nice Nod
Add the buttons : Display / 3 / 6 / 9
And you have the good old Xbox remote !!! Big Grin

The arrows, enter and back button are not necessary on screen.
You have the trackball/enter and backbutton on phone which are very usable !! See XBMC remote from fali.
Not on a Hero, its all touch screen. All those buttons are needed. its why I made a bunch of static html ages today so i had a remote to use till we have a proper app (hosted on the Xbox web server) Illl post it if anyone is interested :
http://www.gk-guild.com/XBMCMiniWeb.zip
Waffa Wrote:Nice Nod
Add the buttons : Display / 3 / 6 / 9
And you have the good old Xbox remote !!! Big Grin
That was the idea Smile

Waffa Wrote:The arrows, enter and back button are not necessary on screen.
You have the trackball/enter and backbutton on phone which are very usable !! See XBMC remote from fali.
Now that you mention it... You're probably right.
freezy Wrote:Now that you mention it... You're probably right.

no no, none of the softkeys on a HTC Hero do anything, so by taking them away makes it pointless.
in the settings, there should probably be a "type of phone" option: touchscreen or qwerty.
I say bring it on. I'm running a hacked and over clocked G1 so I'm ready to play. Wink I think its funny that my phone is almost as fast as my Media Center 800mhz Xbox. Wink
Freezy,

I've hacked together a patch for the internal XBMC web server.
It allows direct file download through some CGI-stuff.
If you'd like a test run, the patch can be downloaded here:
http://www.mikkle.dk/xbmc/XBMCWebServerD...ccess.diff

An example url for getting a file:
Code:
http://localhost:8080/xbmcFiles/xbmcGetFile?file=/media/nas/Movies/Valiant/DVDVolume/folder.jpg
Where - obviously - /media/nas/Movies/Valiant/DVDVolume/folder.jpg is the true path of the file to download.

NB: Potentially major security breach! no settings for truested hosts or anything. Use at your own risk! ;-)

It is alpha-grade code - it works in my setup. Don't know if special:// paths will work - haven't tried it.

Check it out and see if your thumb/cover art performance ups a bit on the Android.
Hey man, nice app. I'm having some problems with it though. Im running the newest CyanogenMod on my G1. I am able to get the second newest version working on my phone. I can see videos and the other stuff just fine, but remote doesn't work.

I tried the newest version and even less luck with that one. I can connect and video/pictures etc work. When I try remote, the program crashes and force quits.

Let me know if you need more info.
mikkle,

thanks for your patch. however, the url syntax should be the same as the current FileDownload method, otherwise i can't really dynamically get them (specially the special://... urls, since that's how the thumbs are accessed).

cheers,
-f3k.
Sure, that would indeed make it easier to call from the client... Could you give me an example download request url and the real path to the file it maps to?

• 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote for Android12