• 6(current)
XBMC Remote for Android
Sure. For instance, the thumb of album "Anouk is alive" from album "Anouk" is would be:
Code:
http://localhost:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=GetThumbFilename(Anouk+is+alive;Anouk)
which returns:
Code:
special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/6/67f94e26.tbn
So ideally the call to your raw file download would be:
Code:
http://localhost:8080/xbmcFiles/xbmcGetFile?file=special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/6/67f94e26.tbn
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
freezy Wrote:So ideally the call to your raw file download would be:
Code:
http://localhost:8080/xbmcFiles/xbmcGetFile?file=special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Music/6/67f94e26.tbn

You know, it actually works like that! Big Grin
My patch adresses the requested file through the CFile class, and that in turn uses the CURL class in it's constructor and accessor methods.

What this boils down to is basically that any supported xbmc virtual protocol can be accessed through the XbmcGetFile CGI.

Pure dumb luck on my part, to be honest ;-)

For the record, I've only tested with the special-protocol as pr. your example, and it works in my setup (fairly standard).
Anyway, if you find it useful for your take on the remote-app, I'll open a discussion with the dev team about what sort of hardening and sanitizing the code should be subjected to if it should have a chance of making it upstream.
If you find another workaround for the thumb-performance issue, I'll just leave off. :]

:O) Mikkle
wow, this thread have taken off!

Sorry for not being here, especially @ freezy since you have done a marvelous job. I have been away for this week on vaccation and haven't had a computer available.

I'm usually at IRC and ofcourse you'll get write permissions to the svn!
PM sent Smile
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Would there a way to make it make Playlists for music from within the app? say "Play this folder" or something.
danceresort Wrote:Would there a way to make it make Playlists for music from within the app? say "Play this folder" or something.

Definatly a good idea, long click on a artist, folder or such to make it play it all on XBMC. playlist management with moving items up and down and such might aswell be a good idea but will probably take some more time to implement.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Yeah all that stuff is coming for sure. Like "download locally" as well.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Download locally as in download from my NAS via XBMC into my phone? If so I'd give you a HUGE internet kiss unless your a dude then its a big High Five. Shocked

Hahahaha
yeah as in put some albums on your device so you can listen to them without having xbmc at your side
Just wanne say thanks to you guys, this remote app will be awesome !!
freezy Wrote:yeah as in put some albums on your device so you can listen to them without having xbmc at your side

Sounds good to me since there isn't a android friendly app as of yet out that does it. Couple that with XBMC and it will just be killer.

Can't wait to play with it all.
Hello

Sorry for a stupid question but how do i configure the remote? Tried:
IP : port
but that doesnt give me access. Havent found any place to input password and username.

And one future request - look in the thread for the Iphone remote and there are several requests to have customizable buttons (witch sends customizable http commands). This would be awsome to have in the Android Remote - this way you can use for example Irtrans devices (connected to the network) to controll your receiver and TV (there are several manufacturers with simular products that in some way fetch http commands and sends out IR commands in the room). Others maight instead want to map a sertain button on the computer this way.
make sure you turn on the Web server in the XBMC and you dont need a use/pass.
danceresort Wrote:make sure you turn on the Web server in the XBMC and you dont need a use/pass.

How do I ensure that ? If I delete the username xbmc keeps the defaultuser.
i downloaded the android gdk, bought "teach yourself java in 24hours" and the notorious "Java for dummies" just to write this app, and there you go beating me to it by a few light-years Sad.
seriously great job, man!! And to all contributors, thank you.
now just a few questions.
- does it run from the emulator? i don't have an android phone yet, but i do have everything else installed on my lappy so i should be able to test, right? (since the loopback is part of android's virtual LAN).
- Have you touched the movies library view yet?
- Do you plan to consider what happens on each view is the phone is turned to landscape?
openSUSE 11.2 | SVN XBMC
I'm... dreaming... of a quiet... HTPC
@bidossessi

Most views currently use android default (the lists) which works perfect in landscape aswell, the others have been made to fit landscape but doesn't reload properly, currently, to the one that fits the landscape.

It works perfect in the emulator (in fact the screens are from emulator).

Movie library isn't really made yet as music is probably the main motivator, which freezy have started on afaik. but movie should be done at some point Smile (you can still navigate through pictures/movies and music fileview though).

If you have bought the book and still want to learn and help your more than welcome, just download the sources and have fun Smile

Cheers,
Tobias.

• 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote for Android12