[LINUX] VDPAU rendering - VDPAU Temporal de-interlacing and BOB de-interlacing?
In my quest to get de-interlacing of 50i native content at field-rate rather than frame-rate I think I've discovered the following - can people see if they agree?

Since http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/20947 was changed BOB de-interlacing now de-interlaces to the field-rate giving fluid motion? This seems to be the case - selecting BOB de-interlacing with a rendering type other than VDPAU delivers field-rate motion. Some success!

However I'm not convinced this works when VDPAU rendering rather than Advanced Shaders etc. is selected - which means the CPU is working overtime on H264 HD content. Does selecting VDPAU as the renderer force VDPAU Temporal de-interlacing - even though the de-interlacing options in the player are indicating something else (they don't seem to have much effect when VDPAU is enabled)?

Is it possible to get VDPAU Temporal de-interlacing to de-interlace at field-rate rather than frame rate?

At the moment I appear to be stuck with not using VDPAU acceleration and using BOB for fluid motion - but BOB isn't a great de-interlacing method if you have a card capable of Vector Adaptive temporal stuff.

Advice please?
Sorry - please ignore.

Just done a total rebuild from scratch - new Ubuntu 9.04 install onwards.

Have got BOB and AUTO both de-interlacing 50i content to 50p with fluid motion - with VDPAU rendering enabled.

DVD content that is 50i replays at 50p, and H264 1080/50i also replays at 50p.

VDPAU Temporal doesn't seem to work - but at least I have something that works!

Even got HDMI audio working! Hurray.

Thanks to all who have assisted in threads here - particularly wrt to nVidia drivers. I think I quite like XBMC!
I'll take another look over the deinterlacing stuff as and when I get chance, it was never massively tested to be honest so it's likely in need of a good cleanup. As always though, should someone see fit to fix it faster than me then patches welcome!
See my post here

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php...-interlace

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] VDPAU rendering - VDPAU Temporal de-interlacing and BOB de-interlacing?0