Current path
Repeat after me: Fanart should NEVER be read directly from the folder in which it resides by the skin. This is for several reasons, primarily though because it just doesn't work in every case.

For anything within music it makes no sense - as Jezz_X points out, nothing in the music library is tied to the path where songs originally come from. A single album may (and often does) come from songs in multiple paths.

I presume that by "fanart for an album" you mean you want the artist fanart displaying when you browse your albums, as is currently done if you enter the album node via the artist node. This is something that does not depend on the path of the album at all, rather it depends on the name of the artist. It's certainly something that can be added - it's just a matter of implementing it at our end.

As for the idea of more cases for fanart, there has to be a limit: Art resources are not infinite, and quality art resources are far more restricted. That limit needs to ensure that quality doesn't suffer!

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:I presume that by "fanart for an album" you mean you want the artist fanart displaying when you browse your albums, as is currently done if you enter the album node via the artist node. This is something that does not depend on the path of the album at all, rather it depends on the name of the artist. It's certainly something that can be added - it's just a matter of implementing it at our end.

yes i would settle for that, if you could do that it would be sufficient, for me at least.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Current path0