Quickly switch the display
Sad 
Hi,

Until recently I was using XBMC only on my standard cathodic TV. Recently I bought a HDReady videoprojector, which resolution is different.

So now I'd like to be able to change display and resolution while xbmc is running. But when xbmc is on, it doesn't seem to work.

When it's in fullscreen, I just can't switch, it seems xbmc locks the device or something (the result consists only in some flickerings). When switching off fullscreen during the display switch, it seems impossible to retrieve proper fullscreen after the resolution changed (xbmc display area is then shifted and not well sized).

Did anyone managed to fix this or am I just completely stucked ?
Thanks for your time Smile
Getting a fullsized picture (no offset or black borders) is a matter of using the video calibration utility within xbmc. you have to do it for each resolution you want to use.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i've found, using shortcuts on my remote (through eventghost) for various resolutions and refresh rate.

xbmc will tolerate refresh changes before a file is played. it will tolerate the changes while playing, but im happier doing it before i play the video.

what it does not like is an external program changing the resolution while its running. although it still runs.

a solution:

get eventghost and program a macro which will close xbmc, switch displays, and load xbmc again. it's not a difficult program to configure.
Haggy Wrote:Getting a fullsized picture (no offset or black borders) is a matter of using the video calibration utility within xbmc. you have to do it for each resolution you want to use.
Sorry but which video calibration are you speaking about ? The options accessible from the settings ? Or something else like some kind of plugin ?

neil.j1983 Wrote:i've found, using shortcuts on my remote (through eventghost) for various resolutions and refresh rate.
I'm not sure to understand this part of your message very well...

Anyway, thanks for your posts Smile
Vinny Wrote:I'm not sure to understand this part of your message very well...

Anyway, thanks for your posts Smile

i map buttons on my remote to switch to resolutions. i have 6 buttons setup

so when i press buttons 1,2,3,4,5, or 6, it switches to the following resolutions.

1 = 1080p/23.98Hz
2 = 1080p/50Hz
3 = 1080p/60Hz
4 = 720p/48Hz
5 = 720p/50Hz
6 = 720p/60Hz

so when i press 4 the display switches to 1280*720 @ 48Hz

i dont really use the numerical buttons, its just easier than typing what buttons i really use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quickly switch the display0