XBMC "Please insert disc"
Having similar issues as relaxx in http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54551

Same diagnosis only with a win32 system. Get same message, "Please insert disc" and can access through filemanager.

Debug log: http://pastebin.com/m4e721e3f
for me it happens with various builds. i generally assume it is doing that because one of the devs is doing something related to it.

wait a few builds and it's generally fixed.
mmh, shouldn't happen anymore as the first move to event driven dvd mounts is done. Note that still only the first DVD drive works for autoplay and other things as it's still a legacy from the good old xbox days.
@frostyfire03530: try a newer build from the third party thread and see if it solves your problem.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Okay Ill give that a go, and I'll let you know how that turns out.
I updated to rev: XBMCSetup-Rev21908. Released today, but as of right now I still have the same problem, except now I cannot access the dvd from filemanager either now.

Debug info: http://pastebin.com/m2f2a1b2c
I just tested to see if it was just data dvd's with videos on it that were not being accessed, but it's all disc types and forms in the disc drives. That is to say both drives in my system are having this problem. I can see the title of the disc in respective views, my videos, my pictures, etc. I can also see the title of the discs from the filemanager, but in same case as in the specific views, when the object is double-clicked to open and inspect containing files I get the message to "Please insert disk".
aic_gp Wrote:Problem solved. It did have something to do with virtual and physical drives. The first was a virtual. CHanged it to my primary Physical drive and it works! Thanks & keep up the great work with XBMC!

I checked this out having read through some of the Trac stuff. I do have Alcohol 120 installed with a virtual device driver. The device was assigned a drive letter before my two dvd drives. ie: Device Driver : [D:]; Primary Master DVD: [E:]; Primary Slave DVD: [F]. After going to Disk Management in Windows and switching the virtual drive to [O:] I was able to have XBMC successfully run files from my disc drives. I don't know if this is an issue that is brought to the attention of the dev team or not?
thanks for sharing your fix. i, no doubt wouldve come across the error again, and its nice to know whats at fault.

i have my virtual drive as D: when i use it and my real drives as Y and Z
Interesting even though I dunno where the problem is yet. I did test with daemon tools but with a drive letter after my internal drive. The drive was first shown in XBMC when a disc was inserted and I was able to access it fine.
Autoplay and context play only works for the first drive but accessing the drive via video/audio/filemanager tab should work out of the box.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Also I miss in your debug log something like
Code:
DEBUG: WndProc: Drive F: Media has arrived.
which would indicate that Windows has sent an event to indicate that a media was inserted. Without that event XBMC won't notice an inserted disc.
I have slightly modified the disc detection routine which should work around this problem.
Anyhow I still don't know what this should have to do with the device driver being D: or not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC "Please insert disc"0