[Linux] USB IR receiver to Sony remote
Hello everyone, I have a HTPC with XBMC.

I want to control with my Sony Bravia remote (RM-ED006). I have a USB TV receiver with a small remote, with this receiver I can't receive any signal of the Sony remote.

Which receiver must I use to use with RM-ED006?

thanks for all.
Anyone uses a Sony remote on XBMC?

Thanks again.
Probably easiest to use a universal remote, i have a logitech harmony that i use with all 7 A/V devices.
Thank you, but I want use the original Sony remote, i use for other devices like A/V receptor and DVD recorder.

Thanks.
I use the sony IR adapter that came with my vaio (Item #: PCVA-IR7U). It seems to accept any IR input, so I use EventGhost to route all of the buttons of the universal remote that came with my onkyo receiver--but it works with my tv remote just the same. As far as where to find this particular adapter, I don't know anywhere that sells it by itself, but you might try ebay?
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
On the opposite site, I got the exact same receiver (IR7U) for free and had a really hard time finding which device I should program my Harmony remote with so that it recognizes the keycodes...
I finally found a sony laptop in the list of logitech's database, but the keycodes weren't interpreted correctly by most commercial programs (girder etc).

I haven't tried EventGhost yet, it'll be my next move though, but did someone manage to have it work fine otherwise ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Linux] USB IR receiver to Sony remote0