[WIP] Revamp 2.0 - Skin for XBMC work in progress
This is a really nice job.

Looking forward to see it in action.
love the list view!
Glad people like the skin. Now I need someone to pick it up! I am working on a flash version of it, would there be any way to use flash in a skin?

Also, a note about the index. Each selection will have its own changing background. Each selection will have its own folder so you can put in as many different backgrounds as we you want. For example if your on movies you might have a harry potter fanart, but if you move to music and than move back to movies you will have a totally different background. So dynamically random backgrounds I guess is what it would be called?
mcmillyonaire Wrote:Glad people like the skin. Now I need someone to pick it up! I am working on a flash version of it, would there be any way to use flash in a skin?

Also, a note about the index. Each selection will have its own changing background. Each selection will have its own folder so you can put in as many different backgrounds as we you want. For example if your on movies you might have a harry potter fanart, but if you move to music and than move back to movies you will have a totally different background. So dynamically random backgrounds I guess is what it would be called?

Flash can't be used. The dynamic backgrounds is certainly possible-- Aeon has them.
In Aeon, you need to set each background though right, in the settings? Where as I want each background to be random from a set of backgrounds and folders. For example, the movies folder will have ten different fanarts. One will be randomly chosen each time you are on the "moves" tab. And the same for the rest, music, photos etc.
mcmillyonaire Wrote:In Aeon, you need to set each background though right, in the settings? Where as I want each background to be random from a set of backgrounds and folders. For example, the movies folder will have ten different fanarts. One will be randomly chosen each time you are on the "moves" tab. And the same for the rest, music, photos etc.

check multiimage support ( latest svn buld) it does that.
Really like the list view...I had some time today so I did these mockups just for fun...its more Aeon-Styled I think as your version:

Maybe someone would like to implement...I don't know.

Greetz,
MSP
Beatzeps08 Wrote:Really like the list view...I had some time today so I did these mockups just for fun...its more Aeon-Styled I think as your version:

Maybe someone would like to implement...I don't know.

I'd take a shot at coding this -- can you send me your psd files?

Also, anyone have thoughts on how this would look for music or tv shows where the icons are not poster-shaped?
Well there's a defused fanart/backdrop behind so I'd be inclined to just centralise it.
mcmillyonaire, would you mind pm-ing me your psd files for the list view? With your permission, of course, I'd like to try coding it into Aeon.
You could centralize it. But you could also place episodes images or album art at the top, and use the space at the bottom for additional information like plot summaries.
Damn I love a good list view especially one that uses more of the screen.

I have been switching between Mediastream and Vision2 just because of the list views.

Love your work mcm. And this for Aeon would be adding improvments to the best.
hey tim remember me?! but dont mind finishing this & I think I have the psd files right? ill look for them
The skin puts in a killer punch, as far the style and looks are concerned. Looking forward for its release with great anticipation.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
mcmillyonaire Wrote:The list view should be easily viewable at 10 feet away, assuming you don't have a really small tv. The screenshots hear are fairly small. Assumably, at 10 feet away, your tv will be bigger than my tv mockup.

Here is a different concept for the home screen (needs more elements and icon approval/ or make my own)

I dig the Token icons. If you want to take it a step further, create custom icons that have an embedded look to them. This is a nice looking skin. Great job.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Revamp 2.0 - Skin for XBMC work in progress0