• 4(current)
[MAC] HOW-TO setup Logitech Harmony Remote for use with XBMC for Mac OS X
Done.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7457

Thank You

MaestroDD Wrote:Hm, okay. Would you mind opening a trac ticket and post output of XBMCHelper's startup? (just do $(PATH_TO_HELPER)/XBMCHelper -v)

cheers,
mdd
And now The ticket has been closed.

lordfoul Wrote:Done.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7457

Thank You
10.6.2 definitely does fix al the remote issues in Snow Leopard.
First post updated to reflect the fact that version 9.11 alpha 2 and higher includes the corresponding keymap file by default.
Help?
Running 9.11 alpha 2 on AppleTV 2.4.

Have gone though the How-to's and everything on this forum, put the Keymap in, and my Harmony 700 Remote does work, but only to the assigned keys from the Apple Remote (The only buttons that function are MENU, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, and OK)

Any tips or ideas on what I might be doing wrong??
Hi, MaestroDD. Everything is working perfectly for the Harmony remote besides the fast forwards, rewind and the page up ,down, and the skip buttons forwards and backwards. I checked the Harmony Remote settings and it is mapped exactly like the screenshots you posted in the first post. If you can help i would appreciate it
what keymap file are you using? what xbmc version are you using?
Camelot Beta1. No Keymap
Hi,

i´ll using a Harmony One. I´ll have on question. Refers the Info Button on the Harmony to the "i" on the Keyboard (Shows Info´s about the Movie Series etc.)

The Info Button works like a Cursor Button in my Installation.

Regards

B54
Tbtf Wrote:Camelot Beta1. No Keymap

Huh? Sure there are a few, and pretty sure there's the Harmony keymap, too.
What's the problem?

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
timmyrocks Wrote:Help?
Running 9.11 alpha 2 on AppleTV 2.4.

Have gone though the How-to's and everything on this forum, put the Keymap in, and my Harmony 700 Remote does work, but only to the assigned keys from the Apple Remote (The only buttons that function are MENU, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, and OK)

Any tips or ideas on what I might be doing wrong??
hey timmyrocks,
there's currently no native Harmony support on the ATV like there is on OSX. I'd check out the native "Learned Remote" feature of the ATV for now...

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
MaestroDD Wrote:Huh? Sure there are a few, and pretty sure there's the Harmony keymap, too.
What's the problem?

when i hit the fast forward button on the remote it skips to the next chapter. Also rewind starts the movie over or skips back a chapter. Skip forward and back do not work properly. And page down does not work but page up works.
Tbtf Wrote:when i hit the fast forward button on the remote it skips to the next chapter. Also rewind starts the movie over or skips back a chapter. Skip forward and back do not work properly. And page down does not work but page up works.

Okey, thanks for beeing more specific. What XBMC version are you using?

If it's a recent version, did you enable the Harmony support (Settings->System->Input Devices)?
If so, the keymap you're using is $(YOUR_XBMC.APP_FOLDER)/Contents/Resources/XBMC/system/keymaps/joystick.Harmony.xml. Copy it over to your userdata folder (~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/ and modify it according to http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml

If you find any bugs, or have improvements, it'd be great to share them here!

make sure you have set the remote settings to the multi-remote (harmony) and not the universal remote. also make sure you don't already have a custom keymap file in your userdata folder that would over-ride the default settings. note the required version in the first post to use the defaults with this plex mapping.

if those things don't work, i would recommend doing as maestro recommends.

btw, i have successfully tested the default settings with 9.11b1.

PS: but maestrodd, it might be prudent if you have the time to check the mappings for ff/rw/skip forward/skip back and how they are actually meant to function. honestly i've found their behavior a bit quirky but i assumed that was an issue with XBMC and not the mappings themselves, which appear mapped correctly.
ctawn Wrote:make sure you have set the remote settings to the multi-remote (harmony) and not the universal remote. also make sure you don't already have a custom keymap file in your userdata folder that would over-ride the default settings. note the required version in the first post to use the defaults with this plex mapping.

if those things don't work, i would recommend doing as maestro recommends.

btw, i have successfully tested the default settings with 9.11b1.

PS: but maestrodd, it might be prudent if you have the time to check the mappings for ff/rw/skip forward/skip back and how they are actually meant to function. honestly i've found their behavior a bit quirky but i assumed that was an issue with XBMC and not the mappings themselves, which appear mapped correctly.

everything is set up correctly. I have been using the keymap before the beta came out and have had the same issues with all the versions(nightly builds) and keymaps. I just finally decided to post about it. I have tested the remote with plex and everything works properly. So it must be something on XBMC's end or with the keymap. Everything works fine except the above buttons stated in the previous post. I checked the keymap as well and i dont see how I could modify it to make it work it seems correct to me, plus I do not know much about mapping.

On a side not is anyone else having these problems? I am wondering if it is just me.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] HOW-TO setup Logitech Harmony Remote for use with XBMC for Mac OS X1