Lauching XBMC from iPhone
Hi,

Is there a way to launch XBMC from my iPhone?

I've got the remote application which works excellent once XBMC is running but it doesn't auto run on startup and I keep having to manually start it which is a pain in the butt so would appreciate a way to start using my iPhone

Thanks
You could install VNC and load it remotely after you log in to your machine. An alternative if you are using a pc, look up how to place programs in the autorun folder.
kemik Wrote:Hi,

Is there a way to launch XBMC from my iPhone?

I've got the remote application which works excellent once XBMC is running but it doesn't auto run on startup and I keep having to manually start it which is a pain in the butt so would appreciate a way to start using my iPhone

Thanks

You didn't mention the platform you're running XBMC on? Windows, Linux, Mac, Xbox?
What I did to get around (XBMC on Windows 7) is to hibernate from XBMC. All I do then is turn on the PC and I'm XBMC. Don't think that there is any other way other than VNC.
if XBMC is starting automatically after boot.. or like ashgotti said.. use hibernation mode.. and then you can use WOL (wake on lan) tools to boot your computer...

there are several on appstore.. for free
XBMC on Win7
Zotac IONITX-A
I'm running Windows Home Server

Does that support the ability to autorun applications like XBMC?

If so would it start as full screen or minimized? Can you force full screen mode during auto run?

Thanks
damn.. just throw the xbmc icon into startup folder.. is it that difficult to just test it? and startup options for fullscreen are explained often enough.. also autostart possibilities... just use forum search
XBMC on Win7
Zotac IONITX-A

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lauching XBMC from iPhone0