<analogmultichannel>true</analogmultichannel> - what does it do?
i've seen several forum posts mentioning this:

<analogmultichannel>true</analogmultichannel>

in the advancedsettings.xml in the audio section.

i also saw a post which said it wasn't needed anymore, can anyone clarify?, i *think* i heard a difference with it on/off, but i cant get to my xbmc machine at the moment to double check.
I'm pretty sure it is now deprecated and does nothing whether or not you have it in your advancedsettings.xml. The actual setting is now moved into the main XBMC settings as "Downmix multichannel audio to stereo" which you want to leave off for multichannel analog. When phi first introduced analog multichannel support, that was how it was done.
All as.xml settings are explained in the wiki. Have a read.
mitul103 Wrote:I'm pretty sure it is now deprecated and does nothing whether or not you have it in your advancedsettings.xml. The actual setting is now moved into the main XBMC settings as "Downmix multichannel audio to stereo" which you want to leave off for multichannel analog. When phi first introduced analog multichannel support, that was how it was done.

thank you

althekiller Wrote:All as.xml settings are explained in the wiki. Have a read.

i did have a gander (http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...3Caudio.3E) but couldnt find a reference to the setting in question

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
<analogmultichannel>true</analogmultichannel> - what does it do?0