Library problem
I am having a probelm with my library for movies. I was re-organizing my files, by moving my movies to a new folder. I added the new folder, and set the content to movies but it wont 'import" anythnig into the library.

In attempting to fix th problem, i tried to uninstall XBMC and make a fresh install of the latest release but it I can't seem to uninstall xbmc. I have tried deleting the .xbmc folder and I have also tired "sudo apt-get remove xbmc"

Any help would be appreciated

Forgive me for not including a debug log, I assume it is not necessary for this type of question. (I am probably wrong)
It occurs to me that I wasn't exactly clear as to the help I need.

How do I completely un-install XBMC?
mmm. this might be what you're looking for: http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30230
specifically post #2.
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
I am a little slow at this, but I think that thread is about how to kill xbmc so that you can start it up again. I am looking for a way to completely uninstall XBMC with no trace of it left. I have tried to uninstall it from terminal and synaptic package manager, but when I reinstall it doesnt install clean (i.e. there is user data left from the prior insall).

My real problem is that I moved around some movie files and now when I set content of the new file (where my movies are now stored) to "movies" and set the scaper, and then scan for new content, it doesn't find any of my movie files.
sorry about that. I meant post #6 instead of 2. It shows how to remove and then re-install it. instead of following the part where you keep your Userdata, don't back it up since that's where your databases are stored.

What if you try deleting MyVideos34.db from the Userdata/database folder and re-scan?
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
nicoli_k Wrote:What if you try deleting MyVideos34.db from the Userdata/database folder and re-scan?

That worked. Thanks for your help.
meschaefer Wrote:That worked. Thanks for your help.

You're welcome. Good to hear it's working now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library problem0