Multiple Aeon versions installed
I've just started playing around with Aeon, and am currently using hitchers version. I completely deleted and reinstalled it recently because I was having an issue with some views, and I noticed that all of the mod specific settings stayed, even though I completely deleted the old Aeon folder in skins and moved across a new one.

I'm keen to try out a few other mod's (specifically andyblac's version), but I'm not sure if running another mod version of Aeon simultaneously will screw up the settings, as I want to keep my existing settings for the hitcher mod.

So, if I make changes in one 'modded' version of Aeon, will they change the settings of other 'modded' versions of Aeon? Can you run several versions independently?
guisettings.xml saves all your settings so if you use Hitchers mod in a skin folder call "Aeon" and selected wall view for movies then delete that folder and create another "Aeon" folder but use andyblac's mod then when you go into movies it will remember wall view for movies amongst other things based on the name of the folder...Either name folders differently for skins or delete your guisettings.xml
I was expecting the view settings to be remembered, however I was surprised that the following were remembered on a full delete/reinstall:

1. Location of folder for backdrops to cycle through on home menu for each category
2. Items toggled on and off for display in the home menu.
Yeah, thats you GUIsettings. If you name the the new skin a different name, then you will be fine. Like I have mine named Hitcher, and another named AeonAndy, and then Aeon. All the settings on them are different and it remembers them different.
Oh, cool. I thought the settings for the mods would've had to have been in some aeon specific xml. Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Aeon versions installed0