• 16(current)
Ellipsis & Ellipsis HD for XBMC Media Center
Jezz_X Wrote:Sorry thats
Step 1: closed alpha
Step 2: profit
Step 3: Huh

Laugh

Step 1: we're doing a closed beta, not alpha, we're feature complete.
Step 2: no profit to be made unfortunatley.
Step 3: do something in the past that somehow annoys people enough for them to slam doors at every oppotunity in an immature and very unprofessional manner, sullying all respect and admiration for them.

:laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh :laugh
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
jmcconn110 Wrote:so... just to get some conversation going... how long do you expect Ellipsis to remain in the closed-beta stage?

Sorry I missed your question buddy. Well, the plan is until we iron out any bugs or issues that the testers find. I would like to be done within a month if that means anything, could be longer, could even be shorter, but either way it's not going to be for too long.
All the promises the Team Blackbolt have done, was and are never mantained, and now they wants money for the testing program.... No xbmc 2009 community choice award, because no real changes in xbmc in one year, a vote for what? Some reason of this are of Blackbolt's guilt too. Wake up team, or chose if you want selling your products or not, people would be happier.
darkham Wrote:All the promises the Team Blackbolt have done, was and are never mantained, and now they wants money for the testing program.... No xbmc 2009 community choice award, because no real changes in xbmc in one year, a vote for what? Some reason of this are of Blackbolt's guilt too. Wake up team, or chose if you want selling your products or not, people would be happier.

darkham, firstly Team Blackbolt are not associated with XBMC in any way what so ever, so how can then not winning an award have anything to do with us? No real changes in XBMC in one year? Are you on crack? Those guys have added and fixed a LOT of stuff. Your english is terrible, so I can only presume your last statement is that we should decide if we want to sell our product or not.

We aren't and never will 'sell' any of our skins. We are only asking for donations for the people who want to test, you aren't forced to donate, you can wait a short while and you can get Ellipsis like everyone else who wants it when its released to the public.

Also you make reference to promises? What are these promises you so mention?
darkham Wrote:All the promises the Team Blackbolt have done, was and are never mantained, and now they wants money for the testing program.... No xbmc 2009 community choice award, because no real changes in xbmc in one year, a vote for what? Some reason of this are of Blackbolt's guilt too. Wake up team, or chose if you want selling your products or not, people would be happier.
Far be it for me to actually speak out in favour of the developers but they have made great changes and made XBMC the most stable and most usable media player i have ever used. I say the only reason why xbmc did not win is because of fools like your self voteing for all the other crappy players.
And to accuse teamblackbolt of having something to do with it is simply absurd.
And as far as i recall they have never made any promises as to when any of there FREE products would be made available. We should all be a lttle greatfull that they do do it for free in there spare time. Just my oppinion but i t counts....
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I'll ever thank all open souce developer for their work, for everything and everytime.
I want only to say a thing; if blackbolt's work (ellipsis) was out during 2009, considering the hipe achieved during the months of 2008 , an year when xbmc team turn conclusively to linux as main develop that caused a big number of new users, the same xbmc would had more popularity , a new explosion. But blackbolts have another vison.
omg i didn't realize that but indeed, the whole future of xbmc depends on elipsis!!!

come on Blackbolt, you gotta release it today...tomorrow may just be too late!!!!

;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
darkham Wrote:I'll ever thank all open souce developer for their work, for everything and everytime.
I want only to say a thing; if blackbolt's work (ellipsis) was out during 2009, considering the hipe achieved during the months of 2008 , an year when xbmc team turn conclusively to linux as main develop that caused a big number of new users, the same xbmc would had more popularity , a new explosion. But blackbolts have another vison.

What the hell are you smoking and can I have some? Ellipsis will be out when it's done. We want to ensure that it is as good as it could possibley be. I would never have been happy releasing it unfinished. Anyway this is the final time I 'explain' to anyone why ellipsis hasn't been released yet. I'm kind of fed up now with the utter ignorance and negativity about why ellipsis isn't available. Why do people think it should be out? It's selfish to just want us to release the skin unfinished. We want to bring you the best possible interface we can produce, is that such a bad thing?

Also I'd like to address the issue of only allowing allowing donators into the beta program. Firstly, it is not for the money. Both myself and equinox have successful careers and also freelance quite often. So while we're extremely greatful for every penny the very kind people who donated have sent us, it is not the reason we do this. Between myself and equinox, we must have put in over a thousand hours. Now at our current rate, 1000 hours paid would be quite finacially benificial!! Instead we chose to spend that time developing an awesome interface for you fine people to use, for free.

So if we want to preserve the secracy of the skin while we test amongst a wider audience, then we can. By only allowing donators access, we feel this is enough of a barrier to keep out the people that don't actually want to test and just want the skin early. We want people to help us find bugs, issues or suggest better ideas for us. Once we feel this process is complete, We will make a full public release. So if people get pissed off with how long it's taken, you're more than welcome to make your own skins, it's not as easy as you think!
Well said Blackbolt but please don't let the idiots of the world put you off from from finishing your work as that would be a real waste. And most decent folk like myself will wait for as long as it takes for you to get it just right as i am sick of having to either ask for fixes or try to fix a half finished product, and i know you know of what i am refering to. I wish you well with the beta/alpha testing stages with both teams skinsBig Grin
paul Wrote:Well said Blackbolt but please don't let the idiots of the world put you off from from finishing your work as that would be a real waste. And most decent folk like myself will wait for as long as it takes for you to get it just right as i am sick of having to either ask for fixes or try to fix a half finished product, and i know you know of what i am refering to. I wish you well with the beta/alpha testing stages with both teams skinsBig Grin

Be a good boy and Santa reward you...

I only want to say that in oss software is frequently missing a certain "competitiveness". Developer frequently lose too much important time, most of the cases when the people's attention is high. When lost, isn't easy to recover.
I don't want to say that developers must have hurry (specially because developer's work are for free), bugs in software are the worst, but a respected scheduling plain, ever give trust

Blackbolt, if you would smoke, maybe would be better.
darkham Wrote:Be a good boy and Santa reward you...

I only want to say that in oss software is frequently missing a certain "competitiveness". Developer frequently lose too much important time, most of the cases when the people's attention is high. When lost, isn't easy to recover.
I don't want to say that developers must have hurry (specially because developer's work are for free), bugs in software are the worst, but a respected scheduling plain, ever give trust

Blackbolt, if you would smoke, maybe would be better.
This has to be said "you talk a load of Crap"Confused
paul Wrote:This has to be said "you talk a load of Crap"Confused

I think he's using some kind of translator, which is just lazy as they never work. I believe he's italiano too, maybe I should bridge the gap and try speaking in italian to him! Nah....
Blackbolt Wrote:I think he's using some kind of translator, which is just lazy as they never work. I believe he's italiano too, maybe I should bridge the gap and try speaking in italian to him! Nah....
That would only confuse him all the more(psst we should be carefull or we will end up finding a horses head in our beds as he may be part of the mafiaLaugh)
If he doesn't make sense, why do you keep responding?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:If he doesn't make sense, why do you keep responding?

I think its only fair.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ellipsis & Ellipsis HD for XBMC Media Center3