• 18(current)
Ellipsis & Ellipsis HD for XBMC Media Center
LoL Wrote:Indeed, hadn't noticed it yet, anyone?

Have you seen "This Is It" yet? Wink

I don't actually like Michael Jackson to be honest, I have issues with his....alleged activities lets say... I just thought it would sum up music videos perfectly.
Team Blackbolt - Digital Design
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
You got your donation I finally gave in to yer demands Wink
So what will happen now will I just be contacted and sent a link or attachment?
Im an xbox user of XBMC so Im assuming you will be sending the heavy and light versions of ellipsis? Anyway looking forward to seeing Ellipsis after hearing about it for so long Nerd
willers.nail Wrote:You got your donation I finally gave in to yer demands Wink
So what will happen now will I just be contacted and sent a link or attachment?
Im an xbox user of XBMC so Im assuming you will be sending the heavy and light versions of ellipsis? Anyway looking forward to seeing Ellipsis after hearing about it for so long Nerd

The Beta will go out as 1 version, but with 2 themes. The HD and the Standard Def theme with lower resolution textures for mainly xbox use. You will contacted on friday with your download information.
Quote:Ellipsis Beta Zero, for access details click here.

lol.
this really reminds me of microsoft (though their prizes are higher).
funny to see that works.
cheers,azido :;):
Why shouldn't all skinmakers and the makers of XBMC charge you for their work? It feels like TeamBlackbolt is on the wrong site. On xbmc.org everything else is for free, and you can donate if you want to, but TeamBlackbolts work is not for free... I really think that TeamXBMC should ban TeamBlackbolt from these forums.

If TeamBlackbolt should get paid for letting me use their skin, I think that TeamBlackbolt should donate just as much to TeamXBMC. Because TeamBlackbolt would have nothing, if it wasn't for TeamXBMC.
butchjr Wrote:Why shouldn't all skinmakers and the makers of XBMC charge you for their work? It feels like TeamBlackbolt is on the wrong site. On xbmc.org everything else is for free, and you can donate if you want to, but TeamBlackbolts work is not for free... I really think that TeamXBMC should ban TeamBlackbolt from these forums.

If TeamBlackbolt should get paid for letting me use their skin, I think that TeamBlackbolt should donate just as much to TeamXBMC. Because TeamBlackbolt would have nothing, if it wasn't for TeamXBMC.

Hello butchjr, if that is your real name. I appreciate your points but you fail to recognize one major point. We aren't charging for any of our skins, I won't explain why again, go read my previous posts.

What I will say is it's upto Team XBMC if they are unhappy with us using this forum, they can ask us to leave, thats upto them. You do realise that Ellipsis is going to be made public a few weeks after the beta testing starts right? And it will be free and we will never charge a penny for it. If you can't wait for us to complete testing, then thats your problem, not ours.

I will also state that the hundreds and hundreds of precious hours of time both myself and equinox have poured into this skin, for practically every single day for the past year, we will never get that back. What we do have however in return is what we feel is an amazing interface to play with. If you think we're getting paid for making skins, you're sadly wrong.

It's funny how no-one has asked us what we're actually doing with the donations we get. But I'll tell you anyway. We're paying for hosting, domain, etc, etc so we can make sure we can always bring you our skins, so you have a place to download and chat. To talk to us about bugs etc and help us make better skins. Once all this donations crap blows over when Ellipsis is released, you may realize how petty it is to give us so much crap over such a minor point.

Does everyone else have the same mentality as butchjr? Is it even worth us making skins anymore? Because it seems to me that a lot of people these days is ungrateful, unreasonable and downright rude.
Blackbolt: Everyone else here seem to be able to release alphas and betas without charging. So I can't se why you shouldn't be able to do that? And ofcouse you can charge people for you skin, but I just don't think you should advertise it on this site, out of respect for XBMC and XBMC-developers and other skinmakers.

Ofcouse I do realise that you put in hundreds of hours of work into you skin, and I do appreciate it. But I think that the entire philosophy behind this is that everyone do what everyone have the time to do, and knowledge to do. And if someone wants to donate, feel free to do it. TeamXBMC also put in hundreds of hours of work, and they do not ask for money when they release a beta or alpha version of XBMC, or any of the other skin-makers.

And the other skinmakers, seem to find it sufficent to use free-hosting-sites for their downloads, and use these forums for chat and feedback. But TeamBlackbolt need another site, another forum and another chat? Yes, charge people for it, but not on this site.

If you think i am ungrateful, you are completely wrong, I am so fucking grateful for the entire XBMC, and all of the skins (even the ones I am not using). I often feel like a looser that I am not able to help out, because I have much technical computer skills, but no programming or skinning skills. I donate as much as i can, but at the moment I don't have much to give. I just don't think it is right that you should beg for money, and not the maker of transparency, aeon, alaska, pm3, and all of the other skins.

If you should be allowed to ask for money here, why shouldn't everyone?
And where will we end up if everyone starts charging for their alpha and beta-releases?

But this is just my opinion. Smile

Thanks for making skins, but I will not pay anything for this skin. But I will donate to the others. Donation is one think, but what you are doing is wrong in this forum.

And my real name is Björn.

/Björn
This discussion is ridiculous. There is absolutely no doubt that Team Blackbolt deserve the right to accept donations. I have a lot more to say to butchjr but i think I'll hold back the urge.
Nick8888 Wrote:This discussion is ridiculous. There is absolutely no doubt that Team Blackbolt deserve the right to accept donations. I have a lot more to say to butchjr but i think I'll hold back the urge.

Come on, I want to Smile

Ofcourse they can accept donations, but they are saying: if you want our skin before everyone else, you have to pay.
I don't think that's the way to go... because if teamblackbolt can do it, why shouldn't everyone do it..?

This is not about the right to accept donations... I would want to donate to TeamBlackbolt, as much as I want to donate to everyone else that's contributing. But I think this is a very ugly way of asking for donations.
Ok as a XBMC team member its time to point out the rules again.

He (or Anyone) are not allowed to ask for money/donations here, he has been told that and since being told he has not asked again. He is more than welcome to posts links to his sites as long as it in no way says things like " Come here to donate/give us money" links like "Ellipsis Beta Zero, for access details " are fine, because if people follow the link thats up to them and we have no right to tell people what to do on their own sites. (but things like link referrals for cash = banned)

Now butchjr if team blackbolt or anyone else not in Team XBMC mention about donating or giving them money for anything please feel free to PM a XBMC staff member and we will handle it how we see fit. Starting wars in threads will in the end only get everyone banned including you (in this case).

Now please get back on topic
Jezz_X Wrote:Ok as a XBMC team member its time to point out the rules again.

He (or Anyone) are not allowed to ask for money/donations here, he has been told that and since being told he has not asked again. He is more than welcome to posts links to his sites as long as it in no way says things like " Come here to donate/give us money" links like "Ellipsis Beta Zero, for access details " are fine, because if people follow the link thats up to them and we have no right to tell people what to do on their own sites. (but things like link referrals for cash = banned)

Now butchjr if team blackbolt or anyone else not in Team XBMC mention about donating or giving them money for anything please feel free to PM a XBMC staff member and we will handle it how we see fit. Starting wars in threads will in the end only get everyone banned including you (in this case).

Now please get back on topic

Haha. You are always very good at yelling about banning users... but I should not say anything more... it just feel ridiculous that we can't express our feelings about stuff like this. We can always write as many good things as we want, but if we start to question things... this is always the reply. What do I loose if you ban me from these forums? Not much. Smile
But this is not a big issue for me, and I will shut my mouth. Anyone can PM me if you want to talk more. Smile

Thanks again for making skins TeamBlackbolt. I really do appreciate it. If you want me to help with anything, please send me a message, I would love to do what I can. Smile
It has been discussed to death and no good can come out of discussing it more here (since you obviously both disagree with each other). I suggest you either PM Blackbolt and talk to him about it or head over to their forums and discuss it further there.
Jezz_X Wrote:It has been discussed to death and no good can come out of discussing it more here (since you obviously both disagree with each other). I suggest you either PM Blackbolt and talk to him about it or head over to their forums and discuss it further there.

Jezz_X, Cheers for the understanding mate. I think it's best you just lock this thread. Once we release our first proper public release, planned for Friday December 4th 2009, we will be back here to use this sub forum you gave us properly.

Sorry to have been a bother.

To those wishing to still discuss Ellipsis, you can do at our forums at our site, but any talk like that of butchjr is not tolerated even at our site. I'm extremely fucked off at the minute with him and the people like him and I don't even see the point in continuing working in XBMC anymore at this point.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ellipsis & Ellipsis HD for XBMC Media Center3