Help I've Lost my 'Settings' Button?
I'm a bit late to the party, i only found and installed Transparency today. It's an awesome skin, keep up the good work Ronie. Now to my problem.

I'm running with XBMC-SVN_2009-06-27_rev21142-T3CH release and i turned off the show 'Settings' button option in home window. Thinking some kind of icon or button navigation would pop-up so i can get back into settings but nothing? And now i can't get it back. I tried a few changes in the guisettings.xml but i wasn't too sure and it didn't change anything.
Some help would really be appreciated...
I would try to install one of the nightly patched xbmc builds for xbox first as your using an older xbmc version.
marsatxu Wrote:I'm a bit late to the party, i only found and installed Transparency today. It's an awesome skin, keep up the good work Ronie. Now to my problem.

I'm running with XBMC-SVN_2009-06-27_rev21142-T3CH release and i turned off the show 'Settings' button option in home window. Thinking some kind of icon or button navigation would pop-up so i can get back into settings but nothing? And now i can't get it back. I tried a few changes in the guisettings.xml but i wasn't too sure and it didn't change anything.
Some help would really be appreciated...

first you have to exit xbmc
next change:
<setting type="bool" name="Transparency.settingsinhome">true</setting>
to
<setting type="bool" name="Transparency.settingsinhome">false</setting>
in guisettings.xml
start xbmc.

and yes, your xbmc build is too old ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks that fixed it. And i new i was on the right track it was exactly what i did before posting, but it wasn't saving. But my bad i should have ftp'd the file off instead of tryin to edit it on the xbox. Rolleyes Also i've been trying to find new builds the T3CH site was the only one i could find? Not sure if it is against forum rules so i'll apolagize in advance if it is, but a link to another site would be good... Wink Thanks again!
marsatxu Wrote:Thanks that fixed it. And i new i was on the right track it was exactly what i did before posting, but it wasn't saving. But my bad i should have ftp'd the file off instead of tryin to edit it on the xbox. Rolleyes Also i've been trying to find new builds the T3CH site was the only one i could find? Not sure if it is against forum rules so i'll apolagize in advance if it is, but a link to another site would be good... Wink Thanks again!

yup, directly linking to binary xbox builds is not an option here, so just google 'xbmc nightly builds' and you should be fine.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks for that, will do...
Wouldn't it be a good idea to make your skin a little fool proof ronie, if xbmc is ever going to be used by the average man then reversing settings should not have to be done through editing xml files

My suggestion is that if the 'no settings menu' option is selected then a settings button is added to the shutdown interface and can't be removed
Justcop Wrote:Wouldn't it be a good idea to make your skin a little fool proof ronie, if xbmc is ever going to be used by the average man then reversing settings should not have to be done through editing xml files

My suggestion is that if the 'no settings menu' option is selected then a settings button is added to the shutdown interface and can't be removed

tough call. i do like the flexibility of the skin to customize it they way you like.
i can imagine people would want to hide the settings as much as possible so their kids and mother-in-law won't screw thing up.

i guess with flexibility comes responsibility, just enabling or disabling everything without knowing what you're doing could get you into trouble.

in the end, you should only remove the settings menu option if you have mapped a key on your keyboard/remote to take you directly to the Setting page.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help I've Lost my 'Settings' Button?0