plese help my usb problem!
I have been reading the forum for almost 2 days now, and I m sure i have missed this, but I just can't find a solution. I am a long-time plex user who finally found the incentive to migrate to xbmc with the functionality of weather mods and the homescreen mods for neon...Wonderful!

But, i found out that I needed to upgrade to the latest nightly to get those running correctly...so i did. everything works perfectly, except I cannot change the backgrounds because I keep my 11gb of artwork on an external drive. When I go into customize settings i only get home and dvd menus. My volumes don't show up!

I am able to add sources and view them through videos, but they have vanished from my background folder. I have seen a few people with similar issues, but I could never find a solution. is this a known bug, or am i just missing something? any help would be appreciated...thank you!

Jeebs:confused2:
Hi, I also have all the media on an external drive, although I do not use the same homescreen mod, I ran into the same problem where the added sources only showed up in video. The solution is rather simple if not advertised, assuming you have access to your appleTV from your mac, first, setup XBMC to enable webserver, create username and password(I use 'frontrow' for both to keep it simple), I set the port to 8080. Then open your web browser to http://your.appletv.address:8080/default.asp?
Once there, you can create sources specific to for Music, Pictures or Video. Plus it's a lot easier than using the remote.

Hope this helps

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plese help my usb problem!0