XBMCbuntu + Firefox
Hello, I installt minimal Ubuntu,
and then XBMC with fluxbox with this script: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=55282

But now, I am trying to run firefox.

I left XBMC with ALT+STRG+F2, then I installed firefox with aptget.
But when I start with
Code:
firefox
I get the Error
Code:
Error: no display specified
OK, I try to
Code:
firefox --display=0
-->
Code:
Error: cannot open display: 0
when I try
Code:
startx
I get the error:
Code:
Fatal server error:
Server us already active for display 0.......
Anybody knows, how to start firefox throw fluxbox from commandline?
DISPLAY=:0 firefox
queeup Wrote:DISPLAY=:0 firefox
-->
acept the code, but can´t see anything.
Doesn´t change to fluxbox?
mm, isn't xbmc already running on display 0? I guess you should switch back or better leave it up and type the command over ssh instead.
vikjon0 Wrote:mm, isn't xbmc already running on display 0? I guess you should switch back or better leave it up and type the command over ssh instead.

OK.
I wanted to try it, but now. my HTPC doesn´t start. It stays in the XBMC splash screen.

And when I look to alt+strg+F1
Code:
kinit: No resume image, doing normal boot...
shit
EditConfusedtrg+alt+delte skipt this and started then. But I have to do this now everytime :-( and now none of my server is runing. No ssh and no samba, no webmin.
Maybe it would be easier for you to run xbmc in a full ubuntu installation where you can do this in a GUI instead of struggling with the technical stuff.

BTW:
Quote:kinit: No resume image, doing normal boot.

I think it always says that...
vikjon0 Wrote:Maybe it would be easier for you to run xbmc in a full ubuntu installation where you can do this in a GUI instead of struggling with the technical stuff.
I thought about this, but will only try if firefox works. Later then start it in XBMC. I want to keep the system as small as possible.

after this kinit comes:

Code:
Checking drive Data (/dev/sdb1): 61%
etc... and takes long time. after 10min, still hasn´t boot.
He does what he says...checking the disks. Wait for better times. Which will probably arrive at 100%
vikjon0 Wrote:He does what he says...checking the disks. Wait for better times. Which will probably arrive at 100%

Yes, I waited this time to end. And after it the next reboot was fast, like normal.
thx. Patience isn´t my best character Rolleyes

Now firefox starts on Display.
But see only a message box: "Firefox session closed unexpec......" on top of XBMC
I can choose between "start new sasion" and "restore" like normal in firefox.
But can´t control this. My mouse and keyboard are still working in XBMC. How can I change to firefox there now?

OK, with alt+tab I can change to Firefox. But it runs only in the left corner of the screen. Really small.
make sure firefox is fullscreen. there's also a plugin for that. then go and check your video settings in xbmc. should be "1920 x 1080 x 60Hz" or similar. Had similar problems when choosing auto, 1080 etc.
rickx Wrote:make sure firefox is fullscreen. there's also a plugin for that. then go and check your video settings in xbmc. should be "1920 x 1080 x 60Hz" or similar. Had similar problems when choosing auto, 1080 etc.

Started it today again, and was in fullscreen. Thx to all.

utorrent as well worked this way.

Now I have to start firefox from XBMC, I guess Application Luncher is the way to go.
How did you solved the font size problem in fluxbox? right now, when i starts firefox from xbmc launcher the fonts are huge...

regards,
You can add some DPI Setting in xorg.conf under Screen section thats what i did to get firefox menu and fonts normal sized. But i still have the Problem that firefox only starts with a screen size in the left upper corner and not fullscreen. Any idea?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu + Firefox0