[WIP] List Revamp
Still very early stages, but I took a stab at coding mcmillyonaire's list view concept. The screenshots below are "live"/working stills:

At this point, I am still definitely open to suggestions on the layout. The hd flags are not possible for now (see this thread), unfortunately.
I'm not much of a List view fan but that's very nice and has a the Aeon look to it also. Nice work!!
Love the look of that list view, currently using your Rev2 low-list. Only suggestion, and I made the same one to Hitcher is to have the letter scroller in the list.

http://xbmc.org/jmarshall/2008/08/05/som...hlighting/
Looking good but my only suggestion would be to drop the movie's title at the bottom of the screen.

From those screenshots, the title is repeated a total of 3 times (one in the list view, one on the cover art and one at the bottom). This is definitely not needed. Just having the list view and the cover art should be pretty of an indicator as to what movie is currently selected.

Just my two and a half cents.*

*adjusted for inflation
i'd say ditch the bottom infobar.
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
I had it without the bottom infobar originally, but it didn't feel as "aeon-like". I'll try to get it back that way and post a screenshot, though, and maybe even make it an option.
Leeuw Wrote:I had it without the bottom infobar originally, but it didn't feel as "aeon-like". I'll try to get it back that way and post a screenshot, though, and maybe even make it an option.

Nice job but it's not my cup of tea and i will stick with your low list mod for tv shows and `blacks multiwall view for movies.Smile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I love this view. A list view with any many titles displayed as possible has always been something I've wanted. Great work.
I totally forgot to thank both mcmillyonaire and Beatzeps08 for helping with the design and providing their psd files. This is kind of a mix of their designs.
paul Wrote:Nice job but it's not my cup of tea and i will stick with your low list mod for tv shows and `blacks multiwall view for movies.Smile

Yeah, I will def have to get back and finish low list. Maybe there could also be a low version of this Revamp list view as well...
Leeuw Wrote:The hd flags are not possible for now (see this thread), unfortunately.

I have an idea for you on how you can implement the flags.

Create a font that has the HD flags in it (like wingdings) and that way you
don't have to worry about image positioning.

This place let's you create fonts for free :

http://fontstruct.fontshop.com/

You could also use Private Character Editor if you're on windows.
It comes with Windows XP. Access it by running eudcedit.exe located
in your Windows\system32 folder.

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Well I like list's since they work for everything. Good to have both the low list and this Hi/Full list view. I would drop the bottom bar too - the title in it is just double up on the one shown in th list and maybe you could move the flags on top of the poster?

/needtotest
I really like the bar, and if (or when) icons are possible, this would be a great location for them.

Cheers
Aaron
AaronD Wrote:I really like the bar, and if (or when) icons are possible, this would be a great location for them.

Cheers
Aaron

If they are a must, I'd prefer them on bottom of the poster side. Without the title ofc, just the flags.
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
Pr.Sinister Wrote:I have an idea for you on how you can implement the flags.

Create a font that has the HD flags in it (like wingdings) and that way you
don't have to worry about image positioning.

This place let's you create fonts for free :

http://fontstruct.fontshop.com/

You could also use Private Character Editor if you're on windows.
It comes with Windows XP. Access it by running eudcedit.exe located
in your Windows\system32 folder.

-Pr.

Excellent idea. Only problem I'm having is calls to listitem.videoresolution -- within itemlayout, if I try, e.g., substring(listitem.videoresolution,720), it returns the video resolution of the selected item. But if I just have a label with the info listitem.videoresolution it gets the right (unfocused) item. I'll keep playing with it... this seems like something that will have to be addressed at the developer level.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] List Revamp0