VDPAU: DVD Clarity
Sad 
I've posted on this issue at the beginning of the year, and I am still having issues with the quality of play back. :mad:

I've tried everything I can think of to get a picture from my dvd that is smooth without rough edges.

Is it my TV? A Samsung running XBMC in 1080p?

Im at my wits end.

I see a lot of people on here saying that their picture is great so I know its something im doing wrong please help!:confused2:
Are you having this picture problem ?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56097
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yes but to a more severe degree.
Try to play without VDPAU using Lanczos hq sw upscaler if it makes difference. For me it does.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
It is my understanding the VDPAU doesn't even handle DVD playback whether it's enabled or not. To clarify the symptoms you're seeing don't have anything to do with VDPAU.
Maxim,

You may want to look at r22043.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do you really expect us to be able to do something with "issues with the quality of playback"? Use some adjectives! See the sticky regarding posting problems in a useful manner.
probably just all the damn marketing bullshit video processing put in samsung tv's. disable them _all_. they do nothing good for the picture
Okay, I am using 9800GT Geforce Nvidia card and every time i load an SD DVD ISO I run in to the same problem. Motion is blurry, When watching animation videos you can see lines as the character moves and talks I don't know how else to describe it. I will try and remove any sumsung VPs.
blur is probably some frame interpolation shit on the TV. The lines are from interlace, try the deinterlacer options in video OSD while video is playing. You either didn't read, or didn't comprehend the sticky I referred to earlier, please try again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDPAU: DVD Clarity0