Backdrop stored on web server - possible?
Hi all,

I want to have an image that gets modified daily as my backdrop in Aeon. I'm thinking the easiest way to do this is to save the image on a web server that the XBMC boxes then access, checking for a new version as they need the file or every few hours, which ever is easiest.

Can I point to a web server instead of a location on my local machine? If so, will it update when it's accessed?

Thank you in advance

Pete
Yes, you should be able to do that. I believe there is rudimentary http directory listing support in XBMC already.

It probably won't be very fast to load those images though.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Are you talking about hard drive space that you basically rent on the internet or a server in your home? I use a server in my home to do something similar, I don't have it change the image every few hours, but everything comes from it ie; movies, fanart, info... That's rather fast.
You can point it to information you have saved to a web storage account, but I was never able to get that to work very well. I was trying it with music though, no idea about just a picture.
I don't see that it would be any easier to have what you want done through web storage, but I'm not real sure about how you would do it, or exactly what you wanted to do.
Definitely talking about a web server at home in order to avoid a samba share..... although I guess I could use my movies share....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backdrop stored on web server - possible?0