Failing changing backdrop
Hey.
I downloaded the Aeon Stark for some days ago, work perfectly.
I just have a little problem with the backdrops for the main menu, even though I change the backdrop, it always jumps back to the default one (black.)

Thanks.
update xbmc to latest svn
logictester Wrote:update xbmc to latest svn
Thank you Smile
I found this one:
git clone git://xbmc.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/xbmc

But what target should i use in Git? XBMC dir? Skins/Aeon?
if you on windows use this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35452, if other os - search the forum for 3rd party svn for your os
logictester Wrote:if you on windows use this http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=35452, if other os - search the forum for 3rd party svn for your os

Yeah, use that one. It's a little easier. I usually download it to my portable harddrive, unzip it and then just copy over my existing xbmc folder with it. I do that becuase I have 5 machines to update and I don't like downloading anything to the other ones. Takes about 2 minutes per machine.

When you have that done, your backdrops should show up fine.

Once you are comfortable with stark, you should give some of the more complete MODS a try. AndyBlac's and Hitchers are pretty good and do alot of things Stark doesn't.
you can just put it on a nas then you'll be able to launch it from your 5 machines with one copy of xbmc.
ppic Wrote:you can just put it on a nas then you'll be able to launch it from your 5 machines with one copy of xbmc.

Hmmmm... Hadn't thought about that. Make user profiles for each one and then I would be able to use different skins on each? Would it have a problem if 3 or 4 machines were in use at the same time?
the profile is created by xbmc on each machine when you launch it.

for several machine, should'nt be a problem, just the time to load file in memory, i have'nt test yet, but already talking about that with others.
Thanks for the help, ppl Smile Problem solved.
good Big Grin

@SHen350: i'm interested with the result if you test the simultaneous launch on a nas.
ppic Wrote:good Big Grin

@SHen350: i'm interested with the result if you test the simultaneous launch on a nas.

So far, disasterous. It doesn't seem to want to work on more then one comp at a time. I think I have the settings all screwwed up on the NAS. I don't know, might mess with it some more this weekend. Not sure though as the wife, neice, and nephew really complained when it didn't work.
try to copy xbmc directory after installing it but, not with portable edition.

profile should be created on each machine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Failing changing backdrop0