Touchscreen, gestures and scrolling
I'm in the planning phase of an in-car touch skin. And to know what I can actually make I need to know a few things which I can't seem to find in the Wiki/Forums.

1. The best way to scroll a list on a touchscreen is to just drag your finger vertically across the list in the direction you want to scroll, iphone style. Is this supported in xbmc? If it's possible, is it possible to do it kinetic style? I could probably have a damn long list-control and do a tween animation on mouse-up or something. But that seems a bit overkill.

2. How about mouse-gestures? It would be nice to just drag your finger across the screen horisontally to move between screens. Like drag left to go back one screen (if diving in to a tree-structure) or left/right to change between home/music/video/googlemaps/backupcam etc. Smile (You see I have great visions for this skin Wink )

-C-
neither of them are supported xbmc is suppossed to be a htpc for the living room while sitting in a couch so mouse support is very basic because we expect people to use remote controls
You'd have to write the gesture support yourself pretty much, yes. The scrolling is just a gesture I would think.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Touchscreen, gestures and scrolling0