VDPAU only working on mkv files?
Exclamation 
Hello, i'm using the latest SVN build on XBMCLive. I've noticed that VDPAU is only working when i play mkv files, is this normal? why can't i use it whith other filetypes?

regards,
mkv is a container, it has nothing to do with it, demuxing still happens on the CPU. The supported codecs are listed on the wikipedia article for VDPAU. Something along the lines of mpeg1/2, h264, vc1 and wmv3/9. Theres no sense decoding xvid et. al. in HW, it's too easy for the CPU to do.
thanks for repling althekiller, i know that mkv it's just a container, but i also have 720p Xvid AVI files and they do not decode using VDPAU...
althekiller Wrote:Theres no sense decoding xvid et. al. in HW, it's too easy for the CPU to do.

Did you read this?

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Is there even hardware support for decoding xvid on gpu? Don't think so.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
fidoboy Wrote:thanks for repling althekiller, i know that mkv it's just a container, but i also have 720p Xvid AVI files and they do not decode using VDPAU...

Codecs with VDPAU offloading to GPU

MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), VC-1, WMV3, WMV9

Do you see Xvid listed there Rolleyes
Seeing as how my atom n230 decodes xvid with ac3 at 7% cpu, spending the time, money and resources to implement an xvid decoder in HW seems pretty cost prohibitive from a GPU vendor's standpoint.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDPAU only working on mkv files?0