Moving top level movies dir without rescanning?
So pretty soon I am going to be moving all of my movies to a nas device. I am wondering if there is a way to repoint my top level movies location to a new spot, so I dont have to rescan hundreds of movies and also reset all of my fanart etc I have personalized. Is this possible? I don't see anything obvious related to a top level movie location in any .xml config files.

Basically I want to do something like:

/media/movies/{title1_dir,title2_dir,title3_dir}

to:
/nas/movies/{title1_dir,title2_dir,title3_dir}

Is this possible? Or do I have to edit the MyMovies34.db file by hand?

I see in the path table the location of each top level movie subdir, I dont know if there is an easier way to do this if possible.

Thanks.
You can export to a single file, sed (or edit by some lesser means), import.
if i have to i will do a sql select...update. BUT, i just discovered this on the advancedsettings.xml info page:

<pathsubstitution>

Code:
<pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
      <from>G:\dvds\</from>
      <to>smb://somecomputer/g-share/dvds/</to>
    </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>

looks like this does exactly what i need no?
No, it doesn't. That's for playlists only.

Note that the ONLY way to accomplish this is to export your library to separate files (i.e. thumbs, fanart and nfo next to the media files), change the path, then re-import.

There is no other way to ensure that your thumbs are preserved.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Why not create a symbolic link? Assuming you're not going to keep the /media/movies directory, you could just do:

Code:
ln -s /nas/movies /media/movies

and it'll look like the same directory structure

res0nat0r Wrote:So pretty soon I am going to be moving all of my movies to a nas device. I am wondering if there is a way to repoint my top level movies location to a new spot, so I dont have to rescan hundreds of movies and also reset all of my fanart etc I have personalized. Is this possible? I don't see anything obvious related to a top level movie location in any .xml config files.

Basically I want to do something like:

/media/movies/{title1_dir,title2_dir,title3_dir}

to:
/nas/movies/{title1_dir,title2_dir,title3_dir}

Is this possible? Or do I have to edit the MyMovies34.db file by hand?

I see in the path table the location of each top level movie subdir, I dont know if there is an easier way to do this if possible.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Moving top level movies dir without rescanning?0