Tv Show help
Hello, I am really new to XBMC, I have figured out the movies part of it, however I am having problems with my TV shows.
I can get the folders themself to show up in the non file format, however no episodes show up. I have read the
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/index.php?title=TV_Shows
on naming the files, however I still don't know where I am going wrong.
My file format is TvShows/Show name/Season/File name.mkv(or what ever extension)
I have also tried just to do one show, so Showname/season/file name. and have not had any luck.
I have tried naming the files S01E01.mkv, Show name.S01E01.mkv, Showname - S01E01.mkv and Showname . S01E01.mkv with no luck with any of them. Have cleaned the library more than once, and I am stuck. This should be a link of my most recent debug log.
http://pastebin.com/m4908174d

I have also made sure i set the content to Tv show, and then searched for new content, the picuters and stuff show up however the episodes do not. (in the library mode it just says the tv show name, and 0 episodes) if you advance, it says library is empty. I think i covered everything here, if you have any questions please ask, i will do my best to answer them!
Sounds like you have the files named appropriately, do you have it set to scan recursively on scan? Otherwise I don't believe that it will look in the season folders for the episodes.

Try moving a couple episodes to the show folder:

/Show Name/Show.S01E01.avi
/Show Name/Show.S02E02.avi

If that scans in properly its probably a recursion problem.

Just my .02

_____

Just looked through your log again:

21:24:57 T:5888 M:4294967295 DEBUG: could not enumerate file S:\Stargate Atlantis\Season 1\Ep 1 Rising.avi
21:25:04 T:5888 M:4294967295 DEBUG: could not enumerate file S:\Stargate SG-1\Season 10\Ep 20 Unending.avi

That file convention won't work FOR SURE.
From everything I have read the scan recursively is automatically on for TV shows, and I know the stargate files aren't named right, but I believe a lot of the others are.
I will try to move it to the \showname\showname.s01e01.avi

Does it have to be avi files? from what i have read it will play mkv and other files as well.

(and my MKV movies work)
I will try changing the folder thing again, but I am fairly sure I have tried this already. If it works ill post back, otherwise any other ideas?
Cableguy9872 Wrote:From everything I have read the scan recursively is automatically on for TV shows, and I know the stargate files aren't named right, but I believe a lot of the others are.
I will try to move it to the \showname\showname.s01e01.avi

Does it have to be avi files? from what i have read it will play mkv and other files as well.

(and my MKV movies work)
I will try changing the folder thing again, but I am fairly sure I have tried this already. If it works ill post back, otherwise any other ideas?

You're probably right on the recursion thing - I know I have to set that up for my movies folders which is why I was thinking about it.

MKV, avi, mpg, whatever should be fine.

If you go into file mode, navigate to the episode, and click "info", does it show the scraped info? Have to tried dumping the source, cleaning the dbase, and re-adding the source/re-scanning for content?

I'm at almost 6000 episodes, I totally understand what a pain this can be.
When I go into the file mode, get hte info up, nothing shows up there, so its not scraping the info from them which leads me to believe that the something is up with the files, or the recursive scan is strange. like i said files mainly are named Showname - s01e01.file extension

I have tried to delete them from the library, clean it then readd them and scan them, it scans the folders, says its downloading the information, and nothing shows up then. They all do show up in the file mode however, just not the library mode.
I just noticed to, that in my TV shows, I get randomly created folders, 1, 2, 3, 4, ect up to about 20, these all contain no files or anything as well. I'm really confused at this point as to why TV shows don't show up, Tomorrow I will try to use a different scraper, maybe that is my problem.
I had this same problem. Try to right click one of thoes numbers you were talking about the edit it. Type in your TV show name and see if that works. if it does then you need to set content to look for folder names. The numbers are probably like your season or something. At least thats what happened to me and how its running smooooth
I got it to work, not sure how, but I tried a new scraper and also set the content in the window where you add the media(before it was added) and well it worked(least for one of my tv shows, hopefully the rest will to) Thanks for all your help guys!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tv Show help0