Installing XBMC on Acer Aspire Revo - Help Request
Hi,

I'm looking to purchase an Acer Revo shortly and plan to install Windows 7 on it.
I want to also run XBMC on it. I've had a great experience installing it on a Dell OptiPlex 755 with no issues.

Okay, so I've done some searching and read some threads that Revo has probs with rendering to 1080p, though Im not to bothered about that.

However, I looking for some help on to get it XBMC installed.

What drivers do I need? And additional tweaks and hacks I should know?
With Windows 7 there should be no tweaks or hacks required. It should just run. Of course, with an Intel Atom it's not gonna run very much or very quickly, but it'll run. I'm sure others have told you this, but if you're gonna use a Revo, you really should use Linux.
Hi Kemistry, I installed windows 7 on my Aspire AOA150 and all is working fine (you don't need to install other driver). Also is all ok with the XBMC. The only problem is for the suspend mode (on the resume XBCM is not running) but I used the MCE standby tools for kill xbmc on suspend and start on resume.

Bye
XBMC 1 : XBOX + HD 2,5" 160Gb + Case SILVERSTONE LASCALA LC04 + Logitech Harmony ONE remote
XBMC 2 : ATV2
NAS server : CPU Intel ATOM 1,6Ghz + MB ECS 945GCT-D + 1Gb RAM + Storage 160Gb 2,5" for O.S. and 1Tb 3,5" for data + Windows XP

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing XBMC on Acer Aspire Revo - Help Request0