Experiences with nvidia 190.* beta?
What's the terminal line to get the 190.32 drivers to install?
sudo apt-get install _____
Already have the key and PPA setup properly
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

thats all i had to do...
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
for ubuntu jaunty users:

The exact problem is:
kde-runtime -> libxine1 -> libxine-x -> libxine-bin -> f*u*c*k*e*d coz libxine-bin is build against nvidia-185-libvdpau

so if you replace the nvidia-185-libvdpau then you will loose vdpau support for xine plus all kde applications which are using kde-runtime if you arent also building an new libxine-bin.

so the problem isn*t the nvidia-driver it is libxine-bin .... at least for my depency graph
i also don't get why libxine1 isn't just an suggested or recommended package of kde-runtime

maybe someone can suggest an solution or post an bugreport to kde-runtime package maintainer may be that would be the easiest solution but i will go to bed now ...

hope that clarifies a few thinks ... bye
I upgraded to nVidia 190 from deb repository,
however suspend to ram did not work (automatic resume due to nvrm something)
Reported on 190.25 here: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=138900

Downgraded to nVidia 185 and it now works fine.
Update: Suspend/resume is still broken in 190.36

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experiences with nvidia 190.* beta?0