XboxMediaCenter for PlayStation2?
hi all sorry for my bad english but i'm french ^^.

i intended to say that you program a version of the xbmc for ps2 it is true ?

again i'm sorry for my bad english .

thx a lot for your answers thx @+
nope there ain't any version for the ps2.. there is howev some for linux and since the ps2 can run linux they shoule be suable. don't ask me what or where as i don't know anyhing about ps2's
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok but linux use a big place in the memory and a standalone player for ps2 it's good !the sources of the xbmc are deprived or diffuse them ? (<= i dont know this is only a question :d) i know much programmer for ps2 i can put to you in contact if you want but they are french

ok thx a lot and sorry for my bad english but google help me !!! ^^ Blush
no one on team-xbmc that i know of. xbmc gui is directx based so it would not be easy to port that to linux or ps2 for that matter.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
i only know of one mem card (or the chip itslef does the job-not sure) player for ps2 which plays divx movies and mp3's
but it was modchip dependant

i think it was from dms technologies
haven't tried it though but that is probably the closest you'll get without running linux
well, a good player is the ps2reality mediaplayer. spanish devs also based on mplayer like xbmc. they're not developing it anymore though... here's the link: http://ps2reality.net/

greetzzzz
daywalker
Sad 
fyi, it looks like someone called thomas anderson (a.k.a. insmod) has registered a project sourceforge.net called "ps2mc (playstation2 media center)" on 04/07-2004 saying it is/will be "a port of xbmc ( xbox media center ) to the playstation 2", however no files or source has yet been released so it might just be vapourware(?). in any case i/we have no idea who this person is (an un-written rule and polite practice in the osd community is to contact the original developer of something you plan to use for your own project), but he seems to be a developer/member of other open source projects for linux so maybe he and his ps2-port of for xbmc is for real(?), if so then my best guess is that it will be for ps2-linux and not run on the native-ps2 os without the linux-addon from sony(?)
thx all but i know ps2relitymedia player but it is a very bad player it play a very few part of my video

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XboxMediaCenter for PlayStation2?0