Is there any way to solve multiplex extrathumbs and stacking?
From the "Aeon-specific meta-media information index (with Pictures)" thread
Hitcher:
Maybe it's stacking.

Azido:
that makes perfectly sense, since stacked videos no longer have a real path but stack://...

might be the same trouble you had with slideshows on smb:// ..

right now aeon checks for those extra thumbs in realtime and has no clue where to find the images because it cannot follow that stack:// path.

Has anyone figured out a way to get around this? I really like the extrathumbs idea but all of my movies are stacked and I don't want to mess with them for the sole purpose of extrathumbs. Is there any alternative to listitem.path that gives the real/actual file path?
Yes, andyblac has done it in his 'Aeon Multiplex & Showcase mix' mod I believe.
Ok thanks I will look into that and see how they did it.
yes andy has a workaround for that - you need to have the names of the files set exactly as the folder and set your movies folder in settings and it works like a dream Smile
Thanks logictester! Am I just duplication my movies structure (with the extrathumbs folders in each movie-folder only) and then pointing to this in the skin?
you use your regular movie structure, just note that the file names and the folder names are the same (without ./-cd1, ./-cd2) and set the movies main folder in the advanced skin settings

from andy's thread - first post:

Added support for extrathumbs to be used with SPANNED (STACKED) movies, follow this guide:

1. go to your movies library, note the name of the film, say "V For Vendetta".
2. Make sure the folder is named EXACTLY the same as the title of the movie

My Movies Folder
+ V For Vendetta
...V For Vendetta.cd1.avi
...V For Vendetta.cd2.avi
...+ extrathumbs
..... thumb1.jpg
..... thumb2.jpg

2. Go back to XBMC, and go to customize > aeon advanced > mod tweaks and set the Movie folder to the path of your movies folder "My Movies Folder"
3. If you renamed any folders, update the movie library. You may need to "remove" the old V for Vendetta first, otherwise you will end up with two V for Vendettas...
4. Go back to "V for Vendetta" in the movie library, wait for the info trigger, enjoy your thumbnails..

EDIT: More Warnings, Notes: Be careful of Movie titles with ".", ":" etc.. you'll have to rename name to "-" or something. On Windows, ":" is not a valid character for file/folder names. So:
"Master and Commander: Far side of the World" -> "Master and Commander - Far side of the world"
"Monsters, Inc." -> "Monsters, Inc"
I suggest you check the nfo for each movie, or rename the movie in XBMC and folder names etc to match..
Ok cheers I took a look at Viewtype_Multiplex now and I see how it's done, thanks. Do you know what a stacked uri looks like? Say the path is d:\movies\moviename\movie.avi, is represented in the stack uri? Or is the stack uri just "special" and has no correlation to the file structure?
stack:// i think....
I have made a patch(http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7199) to fix this bug. stacked movie file can return listitem.path correct after r23016(http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/23016)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there any way to solve multiplex extrathumbs and stacking?0