• 4(current)
Script to Download, Install and Update Git-hosted Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched
I couldn't download script which is for linux.
I think site is down.
Can someone upload it please

EDIT : It is ok now, I downloaded, ty
steve1977 Wrote:Need help with the Apple script. Successfully run and the download worked. However, it fails to copy it and shows the following error message

"XBMC skin folder not found in /users/user name/library/application support/xbmc/skin!"

Any thoughts?

You need to configure the correct path in asmupdate.sh... It should point to your XBMC skin folder...
patkhoo Wrote:4. Also in asmupdate.sh, probably you have to set your XBMCFOLDER to "XBMCFOLDER=/user name/library/application support/skin"

Anyone can confirm that above is the right path. Three things:

1) I believe that it needs to start with "users/user name/"

2) It should say "/application\ support" instead of "/application support"

3) it still says that there is an error (see my previous post)

Thanks for your help!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
patkhoo Wrote:You need to configure the correct path in asmupdate.sh... It should point to your XBMC skin folder...

This is my skin folder. Or should it point to specific folder of the skin (i.e., /.../skin/aeon/). Do I need to follow any specific naming for the respective mix (e.g., auriga).
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
steve1977 Wrote:Anyone can confirm that above is the right path. Three things:

1) I believe that it needs to start with "users/user name/"

2) It should say "/application\ support" instead of "/application support"

3) it still says that there is an error (see my previous post)

Thanks for your help!!!

1. Apologies, I really don't know what it should start with.. Does the default XBMC install go to different locations? So it is:
/users/<your-user-name>/application support/xbmc/skin
Is that right?

2. All strings are already quoted, so the backslash-space shouldn't be needed.. but it shouldn't hurt..

3. Can you post the contents of your asmupdate.sh and the results of 'ls /users/<your-user-name>/application support/xbmc' ?
steve1977 Wrote:This is my skin folder. Or should it point to specific folder of the skin (i.e., /.../skin/aeon/). Do I need to follow any specific naming for the respective mix (e.g., auriga).

Ah, no, it should point to the XBMC skin folder. The script will create "Aeon Showmix", "Aeon Auriga" or "Aeon Hitched" inside it as required.
patkhoo Wrote:Ah, no, it should point to the XBMC skin folder. The script will create "Aeon Showmix", "Aeon Auriga" or "Aeon Hitched" inside it as required.

Mmh, then I dont know why it doesnt work. I specified my skin folder correctly in the file. I confirmed typing it directly into terminal and it brings me to the skin folder. Anyone with a mac has succeeded to point it properly?
Hi just wanted to say i have been using this on windows for over a week now with no problems
at all(once i worked out how to edit the required files) and it has made doing updates a whole lot easier and quicker all i do is click on the update.bat file and leave it to it.
Great work on this many thanks....Big GrinBig Grin
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
A couple of questions as i am a complete linux noob.

is there anyway to get the script through terminal ?
I had to ftp to my box after downloading it in windows then i ran sudo chmod +x asmupdate.sh then sudo ~./asmupdate.sh.

all worked & downloaded but it said skin folder doesnt exist.
Also how to exit sbmc to get back to ubunto ?? Ctrl+Alt+ F2 takes you to terminal & F1 back to xbmc
Naser Wrote:all worked & downloaded but it said skin folder doesnt exist.

Sounds like exactly the same issue I am having on OSX. As this is based on the same script, I guess we have the same issue. Any thoughts anyone?
steve1977 Wrote:Sounds like exactly the same issue I am having on OSX. As this is based on the same script, I guess we have the same issue. Any thoughts anyone?

Did you try setting your XBMCFOLDER to "XBMCFOLDER=/user name/library/application support/skin" ? just a thought.
in linux i left it as the defualt in .sh as it seems thats where the defualt xbmc install skins.
Naser Wrote:Did you try setting your XBMCFOLDER to "XBMCFOLDER=/user name/library/application support/skin" ? just a thought.
in linux i left it as the defualt in .sh as it seems thats where the defualt xbmc install skins.

Yes I did. If I dont change it, it doesnt work at all. If I change it, everything downloads and appears to work, but it ends with the same error message that you are experiencing.
Naser Wrote:Did you try setting your XBMCFOLDER to "XBMCFOLDER=/user name/library/application support/skin" ? just a thought.

Isn't it supposed to be "/user name/library/application support/xbmc/skin" ? Or am I way off base here?

EDIT: My Bad, I had that written down in the first page of this post... Sad Try adding the "xbmc" to the path
steve1977 Wrote:Yes I did. If I dont change it, it doesnt work at all. If I change it, everything downloads and appears to work, but it ends with the same error message that you are experiencing.

Sorry, can you double check the script version you are using? Is it 20090818?

EDIT: My Bad, I had that written down in the first page of this post... Sad Try adding the "xbmc" to the path
Naser Wrote:A couple of questions as i am a complete linux noob.

is there anyway to get the script through terminal ?
I had to ftp to my box after downloading it in windows then i ran sudo chmod +x asmupdate.sh then sudo ~./asmupdate.sh.

all worked & downloaded but it said skin folder doesnt exist.
Also how to exit sbmc to get back to ubunto ?? Ctrl+Alt+ F2 takes you to terminal & F1 back to xbmc

1. Is XBMC installed as root? If so, then the path doesn't exists properly. For example "~/xbmc" as root is actually "/root/xbmc", but "~/xbmc" as userid naser is "/home/naser/xbmc". The "~" means "home directory". so it really depends who your XBMC is installed under.

2. I think you press "S" and then exit. I can't remember because I use a Logitec Harmony Rolleyes
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script to Download, Install and Update Git-hosted Aeon Showmix/Auriga/Hitched1