ESATA external HDD is not mounted, only with USB connection
USB foo:
http://pastebin.com/m1a827f2b

eSATA foo:
http://pastebin.com/mc8a2565

I believe there were USB errors because I just unplugged drive without safe removal Smile
Thx, since I don't have a drive I'll have to have you try some stuff Smile

plug in the esata and do

Code:
pmount-hal /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_uuid_1678DD7978DD57D7

in terminal and see if it mounts.

Just have to make sure it's userspace mountable before altering code, I seem to have trouble differating sata and esata from code as of now.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
NVM, I got confirmation now. Seems like from linux esata is considered same as sata, so mounting it is root-only. Which XBMC is incapable of doing for now (we don't have any sudo interface).

So I'm sorry, this won't be added for quite some time. However thanx alot for gathering the logs so I could confirm the handling of esata. I really thought esata was considered hotplugged Sad

If you want it to get possible from xbmc I'd suggest making a feature request over at Hal, ubuntu or kernel (not sure which is needed to be poked to make it happen).

Cheers,
Tobias.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Sorry, here's my debug log:

http://pastebin.com/m66b80f06

By the way for the eSATA problem, if it's HAL related it will be hardly solved.. HAL is in maintenance mode, I don't think they are planning to add new features.
snake111 Wrote:Sorry, here's my debug log:

http://pastebin.com/m66b80f06

By the way for the eSATA problem, if it's HAL related it will be hardly solved.. HAL is in maintenance mode, I don't think they are planning to add new features.

Thx, you must have an old SVN since your mounting doesn't contain the umask stuff, and without it you'll get read only mounts.

Please try a later revision but no later than r22528 though since SVN is abit iffy after that rev.

Cheers,
Tobias

Topfs2 Wrote:NVM, I got confirmation now. Seems like from linux esata is considered same as sata, so mounting it is root-only. Which XBMC is incapable of doing for now (we don't have any sudo interface).

So I'm sorry, this won't be added for quite some time. However thanx alot for gathering the logs so I could confirm the handling of esata. I really thought esata was considered hotplugged Sad

If you want it to get possible from xbmc I'd suggest making a feature request over at Hal, ubuntu or kernel (not sure which is needed to be poked to make it happen).

Cheers,
Tobias.

thanks for your effort Tobias, too bad it can't be solved with some workaround, we'll be staying with USB hotplug then. It's quite nice XBMC feature I can tell Cool
Topfs2 Wrote:Thx, you must have an old SVN since your mounting doesn't contain the umask stuff, and without it you'll get read only mounts.

Please try a later revision but no later than r22528 though since SVN is abit iffy after that rev.

Cheers,
Tobias

Sorry for the delay, updated to r22817 (don't know how to install a specific svn version using gentoo ebuild) and the issue with NTFS is gone, but I have another mount related problem with ext2 usb drive. I'll do some debug myself and then open a new 3D if needed.

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ESATA external HDD is not mounted, only with USB connection0