• 2(current)
MiniMeedia v0.95 Released (19/08/2009)
I guess I've found what's causing crash: new string was added to Settings/Videos/Player in SVN 22205.

Previous SVNs are working fine, so I guess it's something minimeedia skin needs to fix to be able to fit? new string in Player submenu, as it's working in other skins without crash.
Nice one folks, thanks for the feedback. Big Grin

I'll have a look into the issues you've reported and will get back to you once they're resolved.
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
i know you said your having a feature freeze.

But are you going to add [EXIT] or [SIGN OUT] into the on/off options as I use Ubuntu and would love not to change skin to pm3 hd everytime i want to log into the OS.

Just a suggestion but thanks for the update and getting rid of the bugsBig Grin
If your using a keyboard just press END on Home Screen.
You can also set shutdown funtion to exit xbmc.
Another way to exit is to change you keymap and assign a key on your remote to exit.
Adding a exit/quit to home.xml is pretty simple too.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
edit:

XBS : end shuts down the xbmc and my machine. MiniMeedia does not support exit in the shutdown menu. I was hoping minimeedia will support exit function soon.

can you point me to instructions or a guide where I would map the home.xml

cheers mate
xbs08 Wrote:I prefer the "traditional" way to get to latest (less clicks the better).
What is the "traditional" way? I coded this up quite a while back before it really existed in any other skins and haven't seen how it's been done in other skins.

Waffa Wrote:Navigating to cast works, but can't scroll to the next actor.
It works for me. I'm using the keyboard to navigate (I got rid of my last xbox a few weeks ago), what control are you having problems with?

ezechiel1917 Wrote:FF & Rewind icons overlaps navigation bar
http://img232.imageshack.us/i/mmff.jpg/
The FF/REW area should overlap under the main OSD area but only by a couple of pixels, not the amount shown in your screenshot. What resolution are you running in? (It works fine for me in 720p and 1080p) Has anyone else seen the same issue.

ezechiel1917 Wrote:when OSD menu slides in or out when playing a video, you can see for a while movie/episode synopsis text overlapping navigation buttons. I've tried to capture it, but without success, it's very brief, yet annoying
Haven't managed to replicate this (my dev machine has no properly media in the library) but will hopefully get to try it out over the weekend.

ezechiel1917 Wrote:No OSD when changing View mode with AspectRatio (keyboard "z", you have to first press CodecInfo (keyboard "o") to see OSD in next picture
http://img229.imageshack.us/i/mmvm.jpg/
As xbs08 said, this isn't really a bug, it just works differently to how you might be used to.

ezechiel1917 Wrote:file path text in Info mode is wrongly aligned and trimmed, also is file size supposed to work there?
http://img210.imageshack.us/i/mmfp.jpg/
Again this might be related to your resolution (or some other configuration) as it works fine for me with all the paths I've ever looked at. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

ezechiel1917 Wrote:I guess I've found what's causing crash: new string was added to Settings/Videos/Player in SVN 22205.

Previous SVNs are working fine, so I guess it's something minimeedia skin needs to fix to be able to fit? new string in Player submenu, as it's working in other skins without crash.
I'm not sure that this is an error with the skin? A new string being added to the strings.xml (presumably to be used in the settings screens) shouldn't cause XBMC to crash?
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
skunkm0nkee Wrote:What is the "traditional" way? I coded this up quite a while back before it really existed in any other skins and haven't seen how it's been done in other skins.

On other skins there isn't a latest movies/tv shows "button", access to latest videos is done by pressing right (submenu) and then right again (latest videos).

You can see how it's been done in the Minimeedia mod i've made Big Grin

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
skunkm0nkee Wrote:What is the "traditional" way? I coded this up quite a while back before it really existed in any other skins and haven't seen how it's been done in other skins.

It works for me. I'm using the keyboard to navigate (I got rid of my last xbox a few weeks ago), what control are you having problems with?

Problem is on Windows Platform with keyboard.
Had no time to test skin on xbox will do and let you know.

Quote:The FF/REW area should overlap under the main OSD area but only by a couple of pixels, not the amount shown in your screenshot. What resolution are you running in? (It works fine for me in 720p and 1080p) Has anyone else seen the same issue.

Yep, and I'm running 720P. Same amount shown in ezechiel1917 screenshot.

xbs08 Wrote:On other skins there isn't a latest movies/tv shows "button", access to latest videos is done by pressing right (submenu) and then right again (latest videos).

You can see how it's been done in the Minimeedia mod i've made Big Grin

Yeah, please look at the Mod xbs08 made, it's very good !!!
Also left submenu is awesome !!! use it a lot Nod
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54981
skunkm0nkee Wrote:I'm not sure that this is an error with the skin? A new string being added to the strings.xml (presumably to be used in the settings screens) shouldn't cause XBMC to crash?

Yea, but oddly enough all other skins works just fine, so there's definitely some incompatibiliy issue between minimeedia and xbmc, I replicated this on three different computers (2x win, 1x linux) hoped you could figure out what's wrong.

I'm running 1080p24 without any calibration in xbmc settings. Path used to be broken for me since first mm version, also read some other people reported this before me.

For OSD navigation/plot overlap bug you need to have media with Plot to actually see it.
ezechiel1917 Wrote:Yea, but oddly enough all other skins works just fine, so there's definitely some incompatibiliy issue between minimeedia and xbmc, I replicated this on three different computers (2x win, 1x linux) hoped you could figure out what's wrong.

The same problem occures with the MediStream Skin: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=56678
I believe a better word that "traditional" is "common." I personally prefer the MiniMeedia method, if only because with the "common" method of showing new shows only the three most recent additions are shown. I like being able to look back at the last dozen or so.
You are right "common" is a better word.

We are talking about latest videos in home screen not Recently Added Movies/TV Shows in library.

And normally skins show the lastest 4 videos (TV Shows/Movies), but the script can be modified to show more.

Quote:I guess I've found what's causing crash: new string was added to Settings/Videos/Player in SVN 22205.

Previous SVNs are working fine, so I guess it's something minimeedia skin needs to fix to be able to fit? new string in Player submenu, as it's working in other skins without cras
h.

Any ideas how to fix this crash of XBMC when navigating to Settings->video->Player? Its getting a bit annoying now.

Thanks
Sorry, haven't had a chance to look into it. Confused

Will try and find some time over the next few days
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Sorry, haven't had a chance to look into it. Confused

Will try and find some time over the next few days

thanks skunk, and welcome back!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MiniMeedia v0.95 Released (19/08/2009)1