Transfer Media from old HDD to new HDD
Hello,

i´m using Ubuntu 9.04 and i´m going to buy a new HDD and want to transfer my media with all my fanart etc. from the old to my new HDD.

I used the scrapers to load movie infos and fanart for my media. But besides my Movie Files there are no image or nfo files. Where does xbmc scrapers store this fanart and such things?

What have i to do to get my media with all scraped informations and covers from old xbmx installation to new xbmc installation?

funny
The movie informatino is in your Userdata\Database folder videos are MyVideos34.db. The fanart is in Userdata\Thumbnails\Fanart. The thumb icons are in any of the folders 0-9 or a-f. Just move over your whole Userdata folder and you should be fine.

your userdata folder should be located at /home/xbmc/.xbmc (.xbmc may be hidden)
When posting about a problem please submit a debug log to give you the best chance at getting an answer. It's easy, painless, and helps provide necessary information.
Just a suggestion, use a program like ember to scrape your media before you even think about doing it in xbmc. Then if you ever loose your userdata or reinstall etc it will only take about 5 mins to remake the DB as it doen't need to use the net to scrape it all again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transfer Media from old HDD to new HDD0