Once and for all...do the all harmony remotes have slow response times?
This thread to determine that although harmony remotes are nice on paper and do work but are slow as f*ck.

Harmony 895 rf - yes, even after "help" from support.

I'm also interested if people have moved onto other remotes after having experienced this problem with the harmony. But the main focus is to establish that these overpriced remotes are not ideal for HTPCs.
550 is slow as balls. You can get maybe 1.5 presses per second in reliably.
Same thing with Harmony One
My 785 works perfectly - no detectable input delay or transmission lag that some people seem to suffer so badly with on their models.
You can speed up your harmony !Nod

Devices / media center pc / troubleshoot /
Media Center-pc responds to some commands either too many times or only occasionally.

Default is set to 3
Lower means faster Wink
That config app is a prime example of shit UI design and wizards getting in their own way. There are settings hidden and repeated everywhere. Thank god someone is REing the USB protocol....

Regardless, that setting seems to change "how long" the command is sent, which doesn't really makes sense in terms of how IR works, but doesn't solve anything, but that's what seemed to change.

I did a little experimentation and it seems that the "problem" is that the harmony doesn't send the command until the button is released OR the repeat initial delay expires, where as the five remotes it replaces sends the command on press AND repeat initial delay expiration. So you get that tactile "click" feedback, then nothing happens on screen until a few ms later, inducing a sense of delay. To me this was probably a design decision, albeit a poor one, rather than a bug. It would be nice if it were configurable.
kurai Wrote:My 785 works perfectly - no detectable input delay or transmission lag that some people seem to suffer so badly with on their models.

Can anyone else with a 785 confirm this? My 550 is driving me batty!
MythBox for XBMC - http://mythbox.googlecode.com
althekiller, if you send an email complaining about lag on your remote they remove the repeat. Which makes it a bit faster but you lose the ability to press and hold. In gamers terms they change it from "+up" to just "up". But this is something you cannot do yourself :/. So you have to send an email to experiment with this option...

Thank god someone is REing the USB protocol.... < WHO/WHERE? Smile
http://phildev.net/concordance/ < RE effort

What do they actually do when you send this email? Is it something server-side that pushes some different firmware? I really hate how all of that crap is stored and controlled by logitech. If what you say is true though, I'd retract my previous classification of "design decision" and replace it with "design flaw".
It is something server-side (isn't everything @ logitech :/ ). Don't think it's firmware I think it's some option they have @ support that we don't have. It's limitted to the device you specify (in this case mediacenter).

Try it yourself. Send an email, tell them to remove the repeat function on the buttons to improve response time. Keep in mind you cannot change it backyourself unless you delete the device or send another email.
and once again a great product destroyed by crappy software Sad
but this seems to be the logitech 'kindofway'. every product they build is premium but all their software is bloated and user'un'friendly as shit.
regarding my harmony 555, it was working very well on a tweaked win/eventghost installation but on my newly migrated ion, it drives me also crazy... there must be a solution!
and thanks for the link ... news to me Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Once and for all...do the all harmony remotes have slow response times?0