problems with Apple remote
I'm of course running XBMC in a macbook pro 10.5.7 latest build as of 8-20-09 using Aeon Aurigalatest build everything perfect for months.

the battery on my apple remote die yesterday today I out a new one and hell break loose the only thing that works is the 'menu' button the one that lunch XBMC and thats that, is the only thing that it does is launch XBMC and thats it nothing else works not even the cursors or the volume at least via remote.

I have try to update svn, move the keymap.xml since the various places you can put it userdata/keymap or /keymaps/, ect.., I even try to pair it again but nothing...

getting out of ideas...
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
ok dont fix yet but I found out that if I kill xbmchelper process the remote works as usual on the mac no on xbmc if I start xbmc the remote stop working I remember the same day earlier before the battery dies i was working with the event server does this have something to do with it ?

what is the default event server port # I change it i dont remember what was it it start with 9 I think
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
WOW, what a learning process instead of a thread this was like a blog... anyway the problem was that I change the default port of the event server 9777 and (didn't know)apple remote use the event server and this port to work.

thanks reaven
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:WOW, what a learning process instead of a thread this was like a blog... anyway the problem was that I change the default port of the event server 9777 and (didn't know)apple remote use the event server and this port to work.

thanks reaven

thanks for the thread reavon.

I'll look into this. xbmchelper can connect to a different port, too, but it seems the port just isn't passed to it.

cheers,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
reaven Wrote:[...]anyway the problem was that I change the default port of the event server 9777 and (didn't know)apple remote use the event server and this port to work.

should be fixed with r23688
The helper program for the apple remote now uses the port from XBMC to connect to.

cheers,
mdd

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
problems with Apple remote0