new bluetooth dongel and a Dinovo mini..
Hi there..

im a n00b when it comes to linux and i admit it Tongue

im trying to pair my dinovo mini with a replacement bt dongel after my "normal" logitech dongel broke....

but heres the catch.. im trying to do it in text mode so i dont have to load any desktop enviroment other then xbmc.... is there anyway of getting this to work??

HuhHuhHuhHuh
If you don't have any instruction I think you should try it in a full desktop first. The "text mode" is no issue but do you know that you have all needed modules installed? My xbmcbuntu installation have no bluetooth support as far as I know.

What do "trying to pair" mean? What is the progress?
it really is a problem as the logitech bt dongle uses some proprietary technology to connect to the dinovo, that's why it is working even in BIOS or when no BT support is loaded at all

you could try to pair both devices in windows and hope that it still works in a basic XBMC environment but I doubt it'll work. as for installing BT support and pairing via command line I hope there's an expert on this board as I am truly not Wink
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
i have thought about it for a while now... and i might be going back to having gnome boot first and then have xbmc auto start after that... then i have a "support" interface to if s*** hits the fan Smile
You can add and start gnome in a live /xbmcbuntu setup. The same way as you start fluxbox now (startx). It is always a good idea to have a "normal" ubuntu available to make sure that you are not missing anything.
i installed a "light" version of gnome with more or less only the packetmanager and firefox and the raw window manager from that i can controle the wireless on my ion board and the bluetooth dongel, and i dont have any playback issues atm Smile

edit: Oh i forgot Smile thx for the replys guys Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new bluetooth dongel and a Dinovo mini..0