[MOD]Media flagging for 'MediaPreview' and 'Episodes
I like the Redux skin, but imo MediaStream still has the edge over any other skin. It’s all in the detail, though I'd kill for the "latest added" and media flagging features! I had played a bit with the latter when it wasn't natively supported, so I figured I'd give it a shot...

When I first started messing with this, I didn’t know a thing about XBMC skinning or XML, so this is basically copy-paste from PM3HD and a bit of my own work – it’s simple, but it works.

This mod will enable flags for movies and episodes using the Media Preview view and in the episode view itself. It will show, in order of appearance: source, resolution, Vcodec, Acodec, Achannels. If the source resolution is SD by definition, the resolution flag will not be shown.
It's fitted for my own needs, but I figured I'd still share it.

The flag images are far from perfect - I only have a very basic understanding of Photoshop, so while they should always show where they're supposed to, they don't exactly fit each other. If you view the \flagging\video dir in a thumb view on a white background, you'll know what I mean! I hope by posting this, maybe someone could point me to/make some flags that look good... ?
Also, should you notice any missing flags, please tell me!

If you run an umodded MediaStream just copy all the files from the rar and replace the 2 files already there.

If it's modded, around line 12 add the following to your Includes.xml (under " <include file="ViewsPics.xml" />")
Code:
<include file="IncludesCodecFlagging.xml" />
In ViewsVideo.xml, under
Code:
<control type="label">
    <description>Value</description>
    <include>TVEpisodesWideValueDims</include>
    <info>ListItem.Director</info>
    <include>TVEpisodesDetailValue</include>
</control>
add the following:
Code:
<control type="grouplist">
    <description>Media Codec Flagging Images</description>
    <posx>-20</posx>
    <posy>33</posy>
    <width>340</width>
    <align>center</align>
    <itemgap>0</itemgap>
    <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
    <include>VideoCodecFlaggingConditions</include>
    <include>AudioCodecFlaggingConditions</include>
    <include>AspectCodecFlaggingConditions</include>
</control>
at about line 892 (if you've added the above) where it says
Code:
<control type="label">
    <description>Movie Title</description>
    <width>660</width>
    <label>$INFO
[ListItem.Label]</label>
    <font>TitleCapsFont</font>
    <scroll>true</scroll>
</control>
Edit the Width to "510", and under the control, add:
Code:
    <posx>510</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>340</width>
    <align>center</align>
    <itemgap>0</itemgap>
</control>
Copy IncludesCodecFlagging.xml to \720p and the flagging dir to \media and you're good to go! Big Grin
If you want the flags to show in other views, just place
Code:
    <posx>0</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>340</width>
    <align>center</align>
    <itemgap>0</itemgap>
</control>
at the appropriate line (and edit for your needs).

Screenshots:

Great, thanks. Thats exactly what I was looking for.
There is one thing I noticed: DTS seems to "overwrite" Dolby Sound. As I'm from Germany most of my Movies have a German dub as primary audio. If a movie has first audio DD 5.1 German and second audio DTS 5.1 English, what you see is the DTS Flag. I think it would be better if the flag showed the type of audio which is the primary one. I'm not sure if this is a "skinnable" thing or it has be changed in the XBMC Flagging Code...
Great job with flags. Big Grin

I use info list view my self (it runs smooth on my pc).

I know nothing abut coding No so if You could point me where I shoud paste that part of the code so I can see flags in info list I would be Grateful.

thanx in advance for your time.
Hello!

I'm not getting the flags. Do I have to do anything else then replace the files?

tks!
pls this is the skin that looks great, I know there ar mods thar support flags, but scroling is not smooth on my p
Flagging works fine for me, but Im getting very strange behavior after applying this patch.

XBMC works few minutes and restarts, but after - relatively short amount of time - it starts randomly and spontaneously scale and zoom played video and change its panscan Shocked

Tried few times with various builds of XBMC and MediaStream (both stable and newest build relase) ...

Any hint? Huh Thanks

edit:
got it ... disabled option "Crop Black Bars" in video OSD settings and everything works fine now
Hello!

I'm not getting the flags. Do I have to do anything else then replace the files?

tks!
I also do not get the flags, I am very new to xbmc, i replaced the supplied files with yours and put the flag dir into /media but i dont get the flags is there a step i am missing?
UserXXX, asantosjr:

What version of XBMC are you using? I am using 9.11 alpha2 and it works fine.

I don`t believe it will not show the media flags if your library was scanned with a XBMC version prior to implementing the flagging. You may need to re-scan.

If this is the case, I recommend that you export your library to files, then delete your library and rescan with XBMC. You can also use one of the media managers also such as Ember. Ember can communicate with XBMC to update the library also I believe.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD]Media flagging for 'MediaPreview' and 'Episodes0