[Feature Request] Hidden Options Menu
There are many menu options that I have disabled from my Home menu because I don't use them very often. However I would like access to them on the rare occasions I need them without enabling and disabling them in the skin settings. An example of this is that I only have one script, aptitude. There doesn't seem to be a point in having a whole menu option cluttering just for this. But every time I want to update its a bit annoying.

How about a menu launched from the shutdown menu which brings up all the options that are hidden. This could also solve the problem of accidently hiding the settings menu.

When both this, and the settings menu on the home screen are disabled the user should be given a warning that they will be unable to revert these settings with editing xml files.
Justcop Wrote:There are many menu options that I have disabled from my Home menu because I don't use them very often. However I would like access to them on the rare occasions I need them without enabling and disabling them in the skin settings. An example of this is that I only have one script, aptitude. There doesn't seem to be a point in having a whole menu option cluttering just for this. But every time I want to update its a bit annoying.

i can imagine....but why not add the aptitude script to favorites instead?

Justcop Wrote:How about a menu launched from the shutdown menu which brings up all the options that are hidden. This could also solve the problem of accidently hiding the settings menu.

this would mean i'd have to duplicate a lot of code, which i'd rather not have to do.
but next release does give you an option to add 'settings' to the shutdown menu, as you suggested

Justcop Wrote:When both this, and the settings menu on the home screen are disabled the user should be given a warning that they will be unable to revert these settings with editing xml files.

i warning would be nice. i'm not entirely sure if it's possible to create a custom warning popup, so that's something i'd have to look into.

cheers!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
How about just a "(Use with caution)" bext to the setting.
Justcop Wrote:How about just a "(Use with caution)" bext to the setting.

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I prefer my more formal approach, but your the coder! Wink
just spotted this, i.e that you can still get to settings via shutdown menu, great feature being able to remove from main screen, de-clutters and feel safer letting other people in house using media centre!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Feature Request] Hidden Options Menu0