Cannot Install libdvdnav on Fedora
Question 
I'm trucking along while trying to compile xbmc. It's been a mess for me on Fedora 11 x86_64 Eek. Right now I'm at the MAKE stage and I can't get past an error involving "libdvdnav".
Code:
ake -C libdvdnav
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/marc/svn/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/libdvd/libdvdnav'
sh "/home/marc/svn/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/libdvd/libdvdnav"/version.sh "/home/marc/svn/xbmc/XBMC/xbmc/cores/dvdplayer/Codecs/libdvd/libdvdnav" "4.1.3"
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.0/include/stddef.h', needed by `dvdnav.o'.  Stop.
I saw that it's looking for "/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.0/include/stddef.h" and when I looked at my system, I actually have a "4.4.1" folder Oo. I looked through "./configure --help" and I don't see where I can set this particular path. How can I tell this MAKE process to look at into the "4.4.1" folder instead of the "4.4.0"? Thanks.
try running this and then run ./configure again:

Code:
sudo yum install libdvdnav libdvdnav-devel
Boy do I wish it was that easy. It says I already have it installed. I think the problem is the "make" process is looking for a "4.4.0" folder and I have a "4.4.1" folder. I appreciate the suggestion though.
Code:
[marc@fergatron ~]$ sudo yum install libdvdnav libdvdnav-devel
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
adobe-linux-i386                                         |  951 B     00:00    
chromium                                                 | 1.2 kB     00:00    
rpmfusion-free-updates                                   | 3.8 kB     00:00    
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates                                | 3.8 kB     00:00    
updates/metalink                                         |  15 kB     00:00    
Setting up Install Process
Package libdvdnav-4.1.3-2.fc11.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package libdvdnav-devel-4.1.3-2.fc11.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do
[marc@fergatron ~]$
The thing that seemed to solve that for me is doing a make clean then another ./configure --libdir=/lib64

The error is that the last ./configure was set to look at the 4.4.0 dir and fedora has upgraded to 4.4.1 since the last time it was done.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot Install libdvdnav on Fedora0