[LINUX] Nvidia Source Direct?
Is there any way the Nvidia setup can be configured/tweaked so that it outputs the original video mode (of the source)?
Meaning to have it sent 720p for SD DVD and 1080p for Blu Ray/HD DVD sources?

The goal is to feed this 'native output' into my external video processor (DVDO Edge) and have the (de)interlacing/scaling done centrally rather than in several devices (lowering PQ).
SD dvd is 480P buddy...720p is still HD content.
Board: Zotac ION-A-U Case: M350 Mini ITX Memory: 4GB Patriot PC6400 OS: XBMC on OpenELEC.tv build 6936 on a Corsair 32GB SSD Media Storage: W2K8 running on 14TB RAID 5 on an Asrock board w/ AMD Athlon X2 250 and PERC 6/I controller w/ 8 Samsung HD204UI Green drives Time to interface from power switch: 22.4 seconds.
Of course it is Shocked - my mistake.
But the question remains Wink
Not sure the answer but someone else had asked this not too long ago but there isnt an answer in that thread either if it is possible:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ive+output
^^^
Thanks, it is indeed the same (unanswered) request.
I'm not sure why you think having an external processor do the deinterlacing/scaling would result in higher PQ than having the video card/XBMC do it. 5 years ago that might have been the case, but not these days (IMO).
We still have quite bad deinterlacers.. so an external processor would help with that. One could also do stuff like edgebased scaling to increase the image size so an external scaler could be prefered.

We used to have this feature on the xbox. But it not been to interesting to add on linuxport
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Matt Devo Wrote:I'm not sure why you think having an external processor do the deinterlacing/scaling would result in higher PQ than having the video card/XBMC do it. 5 years ago that might have been the case, but not these days (IMO).

I have to say i disagree with you on this point. Any half decent amp / scaler will do a considerably better job than xbmc or most video cards will do.
I have had trouble getting the Edge to actually output 1080p, I always ended up with an 1024x768 resolution.

After some research it turns out the EDID information returned by the Edge as a result of the NVIDIA driver query is incorrect (I actually found this by going through the NVIDIA log file).

I than manually adapted /etc/X11/xorg.conf by adding a separate entry for 1080x1920 and corrected the parameter posing problems which has resolved the problem (I now have 1080p out of the Edge).

I have been in touch with DVDO over this and they have today forwarded a new firmware to be tested to permanently solve this (I will test it later this week-end).
On the same subject, can someone elaborate if there is any interdependency between the screen settings definition within XBMC and the xorg.conf file?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Nvidia Source Direct?0