[Patch] Add Support for Movie Sets
spiff Wrote:look harder! i have done tons of changes for sets

- sets shown grouped in title mode
- thumbs for sets
- delete sets
- rename sets

Really? Cool. I just did a cursory glance. I am trying now to get it to build under Debian Squeeze. In a few days I should have a new box to put Ubuntu onto and get it setup again as my HTPC, but I just sold my old one.
Joel
Quote:- sets shown grouped in title mode
- thumbs for sets
- delete sets
- rename sets

Ok, I check it again in PM3.HD with english language Rev23851.

I found in the title view kontext menu the possibility to change the thumbnail, also to edit the name.

If I try to delete a set via a context menu, a window appears for each movie to delete. If I say no to all movies, the set is delete only one movie of a set is still available. This looks like an error

Also the sets sort order in title view is wrong:
1. The sets are positioned at the beginning not in the normal movie order.
2. Each time I start XBMC go to movie - title view, the sets ordered in wrong order
Example (sort order is name):
X-Men (Set)
Zurück in die Zukunft (Set)
Mein Partner mit der kalten Schnauze (Set)
James Bond (Blue-ray) (Set)
Miss Undercover (Set)
Batman (Set)
Star Wars (Set)
2 Fast 2 Furious
3 Engel für Charlie

After ones I change the sort by to anything and then back to name. The sort order of the sets ok, but the sets positioned still at the beginning of the list.
Additional Informations:
After the delete of a set, that not realy work (described on the topic above), the videodb looks like corrupted. The movies or the sets don't show in the title view or in the view of the depends genre.

A update library also don't add the movie again to the db. I must manualy in the file view add the movie via update.

An additional problem is that the movie search don't work:
If I search for a movie that is in a set, I get the result list with the movies, but If I will go to the movie, it don't found the movie.
i have opened a ticket

http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/7412

This is for the sets not showing up in a result of smartplaylist. They show up in almost all other views except this one. I personally would like to see it show up? is this as designed?

thanks
Zippolighter Wrote:Ok, I check it again in PM3.HD with english language Rev23851.

I found in the title view kontext menu the possibility to change the thumbnail, also to edit the name.

If I try to delete a set via a context menu, a window appears for each movie to delete. If I say no to all movies, the set is delete only one movie of a set is still available. This looks like an error

Also the sets sort order in title view is wrong:
1. The sets are positioned at the beginning not in the normal movie order.
2. Each time I start XBMC go to movie - title view, the sets ordered in wrong order
Example (sort order is name):
X-Men (Set)
Zurück in die Zukunft (Set)
Mein Partner mit der kalten Schnauze (Set)
James Bond (Blue-ray) (Set)
Miss Undercover (Set)
Batman (Set)
Star Wars (Set)
2 Fast 2 Furious
3 Engel für Charlie

After ones I change the sort by to anything and then back to name. The sort order of the sets ok, but the sets positioned still at the beginning of the list.

Just thought I would point out that yesterday Spiff fixed the sorting issue. Sets are now listed where they should be in the movie list. See http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/24097. Thanks Spiff.
Joel
Hello, sets people!

I really like the sets idea, but with a few tweaks, it could solve alot of XBMC problems - besides just putting movies in a box set, it would be great for multi-disk ISOs (since ISOs don't stack), adding extras to a movie - like interviews, makings of, etc, or multiple film movies - like Pixar's Short collection, 1 movie in the library view, lots of little movies inside...

For example, I've decided to start collecting the Criterion DVDs in untouched ISOs... But with the currents sets implementation, I'm running into a little problem:

Library Mode:

Inside the set:

The fanart/run length/genre/metaicons/watched aren't showing up on the set, even though it's all the same inside... I get the ugly default background, and only after clicking on it do you get to see all the good stuff...

Spiff has done some great stuff with getting the thumbs in there, but it would be really nice if it was also possible to grab the fanart/metas/data/watched if all the movies inside are the same.

Do you guys think that would be useful to anyone else, or am I being annoying in requesting something only I'd use?
isos stack just fine. as for richer info for sets it's on my list to do AFTER the release. it includes, among other things, the beating of the tmdb admins into exposing them in their api ;P
spiff Wrote:isos stack just fine.

ShockedShockedShocked

When did that happen!!? I never tried that because the website said they didn't... just tried after after reading your post, and that implemntation is perfect! I'm so happy with XBMC right now Smile

Good luck with the big release and TMDB api's!
Im terribly sorry this has probably already been answered in this post or another, but I am having much trouble figuring out/understanding how to modify an NFO file for a box set. My dilemma is this : I have the Planet Earth Box Set, 4 Discs. Within Each Disc of Folders there are three movie files. So when Im sorting this through XBMC there are 12 Identical Box Arts to sort through ! I included a screen shot of what the folder looks like. Problem is, there is no existing NFO file at all. Could anyone help me with this? To create an NFO file and what to put in it to make the XBMC view just the ONE Cover and then Im guessing the idea here is to select it and it will show me the individual discs?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Patch] Add Support for Movie Sets0